WASH Market Development and Finance Advisor
Jobs at:Population Services International (PSI
Deadline of this Job:
05 May 2021
Date Posted: Monday, April 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Population Services International (PSI
Job Status: Full-time
Education: Advanced Degree
Experience: 7 years
Job Expires: 04 / May/2021
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 7,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business - all with unique skills we bring to the job. .
• You will oversee market landscaping, mapping and ensuring products and services are of high quality and at the most competitive price range for customers.
• You will be responsible for implementing a market-led strategy that facilitates domestic investment (private, government, community, consumer) in water supply and safely managed sanitation services, improved technologies, equitable coverage, and accountable delivery.
• You will guide activities supporting sanitation financing, including identifying sustainable subsidy approaches, addressing challenges of capital for lenders, and creating linkages between finance institutions and local enterprises that sell WASH products and services and consumers.
• You will work closely with supply chain actors, financial institutions, service providers, as well as the behavior change and gender specialists to increase access to WASH services.
• You will support the development and delivery of appropriate training tools.
• You will disseminate best practices throughout the project and ensure exchange using various capacity building and communication channels (e.g. trainings, toolkits, teleconferences, etc.).
Required Skills or Experience
What are we looking for?
• Minimum of 7 years of practical experience in facilitating private investment and partnerships in market systems, preferably in the water supply, sanitation or menstrual hygiene management sectors
• Demonstrated track record of working with financial service providers, investors, private sector, and public private partnerships
• Experience with human-centered design approaches strongly preferred
• Adaptive management and creative problem-solving skills essential.
• This position is contingent upon funding.
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.