Jobs at:GIZ Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
15 November 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, November 04, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The Alliances for Trade Facilitation Programme (A4TF) is a global programme operating in various countries around the globe. It works with public (ministries, customs and other border control agencies) and private (businesses and associations) sectors to implement projects that reduce time and cost for trade through the simplification, rationalization and digitization of customs and trade procedures.
Scope of the Role
• The A4TF has been active in Ghana since 2018. The Technical Advisor shall be responsible for implementing the daily operational and administrative aspects of all issues related to the project Digitizing Global Trade (pre-departure processing and export facilitation) and the Trade Facilitation project implementing the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA) in Ghana
• Coordinate and assist in preparing and conducting project activities and carry out other activities required for implementing the projects in coordination with the project partners and in close collaboration with the Head of the Trade Hub and the advisors of the Alliances for Trade
• Assist national and international consultants in carrying out their work in Ghana.
• Support the project with all organizational and management issues.
• Jointly with the partner institution(s) responsible for preparing, implementing and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities
• Work with other GIZ projects and be familiar with GIZ internal procurement processes
Qualification Required & Experience
• Master’s Degree in Social Sciences such as Economics, Development studies or equivalent, with a focus on relevant fields (e. g. Trade Policy, Trade Facilitation, Tariff Regimes in Customs Unions, International Trade) (equivalent to MBA, MSc)
• At least 4 years’ proven professional experience in Trade Facilitation / Trade Policy or a related field.
• Solid understanding of national, regional and continental trade facilitation issues
• Good working knowledge of ICT technologies and computer applications (e.g., MS Office 365, Teams)
• Motivated team player with an organized, independent, systematic, proactive, detail- and goal-oriented work approach
• Proficient in spoken and written English; a working knowledge of German is an asset
• Strong interpersonal skills, work experience in an intercultural environment is an asset
• Strong managerial, organizational, and social competence
• Aptitude to work from home (if required) and willingness to travel (abroad) regularly
*** This is a Technical Non-Managerial role ***
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Interested and suitable applicants are to forward their detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and a one-page cover letter to:
email@example.com under the Job Code 2021/A4TF/10/01.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity. All qualified candidates regardless of age, sex, ethnicity, race, and religion are encouraged to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.