Tax and Financial Accounting Manager
Jobs at:Absa Bank
Deadline of this Job:
12 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, April 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Absa Bank
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Banking Jobs in Ghana
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group. .
To plan, manage and monitor the implementation of tax related activities and processes in order to deliver on approved operational plans in an effective and efficient manner.
Reporting: Quarterly reporting through consolidation of all entities rolling up into ABSA Bank
Group Limited (consolidated) as well as AAGL consolidated
• Responsible for the monthly computation of the Bank’s corporate income and deferred taxes
• Ensuring the timely preparation and filing and payment of monthly, quarterly and annual tax returns in accordance with all relevant regulations
• Effective maintenance of tax records/documentation in accordance with policy and regulation and ensuring completeness and timely retrieval of records on demand
• Effective tax planning in consultation with the Bank’s Tax consultants to achieve and maintain tax efficiency
• Monitoring and management of the bank’s transfer pricing activities including identification of transfer pricing related activities, maintenance of contemporaneous documentation, maintenance of a compendium of transfer pricing transactions, policy updates and advising the business on transfer pricing implications of activities.
• Lead the coordination of Tax audits, health checks and conformance reviews by the Ghana Revenue Authority, internal assurance departments and other regulatory bodies
• Monitoring and timely reporting and escalation of existing or potential/emerging tax risk issues through the relevant laid down processes and tools, maintenance and tracking of tax risks and leading the timely and effective closure of open tax issues.
• Provide tax advisory to the business with support from the Bank’s consultants including the review of new contracts, products and monthly payroll support to HR.
• Ensure efficient management of the bank’s fixed assets including accurate accounting for fixed assets, tracking and verification and reconciliation of physical assets to register and ledger.
• Maintenance of models to calculate some required inputs into financial statements
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Financial Sciences (Required)
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 May. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.