Jobs at:PwC Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
22 August 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are a leading professional services network. Our Tax practice is on the cutting edge of one of the most challenging and intellectually rigorous fields, working with some of the world’s largest organisations on tax planning, global structuring, and tax controversy. We are leading the way as technology-enabled tax advisors who provide value through digitisation, automation and increased efficiencies - all made possible by equipping our professionals to succeed in a world where transactions are faster, more complicated and require a deeper level of sophistication.
Our Tax professionals help clients revolutionise their Tax Function by unlocking ideas with impact that explore new opportunities for delivering enhanced insights and long-term business value.
You will advise clients on their local and overseas tax affairs and risks, while acting as a strategic consultant related to business analysis, managing working capital, increasing profitability and advising on other related matters. You will also help organisations understand the pricing implications of goods and services between related parties, as well as providing advice on tax implications of deals.
• As a Tax Consultant, you will work as part of a team of problem solvers with extensive consulting and industry experience, helping our clients solve their complex business issues from strategy to execution. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Drafting of timely opinions for clients on the tax consequences of various queries.
• Preparing various tax returns and supporting schedules.
• Liaising with Ghana Revenue Authority.
• Assisting with due diligence and advising clients on the structuring of business transactions.
• Identifying areas of contention and discussing these with the engagement team and proposing solutions.
• Keeping up to date with local and international business and economic issues
• Training and leading staff while contributing to the development of your own and team’s technical acumen.
• Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above and assisting with portfolio management.
• Complying with risk management procedures.
• Strong analytical skills and highly proficient in MS Office.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Able to provide solutions to business problems through research and consulting with subject matter experts.
• Excellent project management skills with ability to multi-task yet still paying attention to detail.
Experience and qualifications
• Tax experience of 2 – 4 - years in a professional services firm and/or tax authority.
• In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of the tax laws and practice in Ghana especially in the areas of customs and excise, Value Added Tax, corporate income tax, individual income tax and payroll consulting and management;
• A minimum qualification of final level of ACCA, ICAG, CITG or any other recognised professional body.
• A graduate from a recognised university with at least a second-class upper undergraduate degree preferably in Accounting, Commerce, Computer Science/Engineering, Economics, Finance, Information Technology, Management or Law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.