Jobs at:Kinross Gold Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
12 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chirano is located in southwestern Ghana, approximately 100 kilometres southwest of Kumasi, Ghana’s second largest city. The mine is within the Bibiani gold belt and consists of 11 deposits. Open pit and underground ore are processed at the Chirano plant. The capacity of the mill is approximately 3.5 million tonnes per annum. Processing involves crushing, ball mill grinding, leaching, and CIL.
Assist the Underground Manager in running the day to day operations of the Underground mines in both development and production at a trackless mechanized mine to maximize safety, operational efficiencies and profitability. This includes working with employees and contractors to ensure compliance of the Kinross corporate safety guidelines and the mines safety management system.
• Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the underground Mine in both development and production reporting, both day- and night shifts to the Underground Operations Managers
• Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, and actively promote Safety Culture and Hazard Awareness on the Mine
• Assist in setting performance targets and measures, monitors and manages overall performance of employees and/or contract workers at the Underground Mine
• Involve all Underground Mine employees in the CI Culture to identify areas for improvement and demonstrate progress as well as managing a pipeline of improvement projects/ideas and ensure that the projects are prioritised for implementation
• Assist in formulating the annual operating and capital budgets for mine operations, consistent with Kinross’ established financial guidelines and business planning process
• Assists UG Operations Managers to execute strategies that support the growth of mine operations; ensures strategies are concretely linked to the organization’s overall strategy
• Be the go-to expert on all aspects of Mine Operations, development drilling, production drilling, charging and blasting, bogging, hauling systems and other Underground mining methodologies
• Assist the Underground Operations Manager in tasks such as Forecasting , Strategic Business Plans , Budgeting, and formulate training strategies for Underground Staff
• Evaluate operation policies and directives to ensure consistency with safe operating procedures
• Identify succession role requirements and high potential talent, and actively develop key talent
• Set performance targets and measure, monitor, and manage overall performance of your direct reports
• Responsible for conducting performance evaluations, recommending promotions, and carrying out corrective actions as needed
• Maintain harmonious working environment with colleagues and direct reports
Education and Experience
• Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering or its equivalent from a recognized institution
• Underground Shift Boss certificate of competency
• Mine Captain Certificate of competency will be an added advantage
• Minimum of 8 years working experience in an underground mining environment with 3 years in a supervisory role as Shift Supervisor
• Must have knowledge and understanding of the Duty of Care Standards, Occupational Health & Safety Regulations, and Mining Inspection Act & Regulations.
• Must have thorough understanding of underground mining operations and solid safety performance at the personal and professional level
• Must be able to apply standards, policies and procedures relating to confidentiality and the protection of personal and sensitive data
• Working knowledge of underground rock mechanics, mine planning, survey, ventilation requirements and principles
• Budgeting, planning and scheduling experience required as well as financial (cost) management
• Management skills with ability to engage and transfer knowledge to all direct reports
Kinross is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in Canada, the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania, employing approximately 9,300 people worldwide. Our core purpose is to lead the world in generating value through responsible mining.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 12 Nov. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.