Senior Manager, Financial & Operations Audit
Jobs at:MTN Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
10 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: MTN Ghana
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
• Responsible for achieving excellence and effectiveness of overall internal controls environment through financial, process and program audits ensuring alignment with Internal Audit strategy. This is inclusive of overseeing the planning, and execution of independent audits focusing on the high-risk areas of MTN Ghana’s operations in order to minimize control and/or operational risks to the achievement of strategic objectives.
• Lead the creation of a sub-functional strategy in line with overarching divisional goals
• Ensure effective alignment of sub-functional strategy by means of providing direction, structure, business plans and support
• Manage financial and process audit sub function within Internal Audit, ensuring the effectiveness of internal controls on key business process, quality of work, and audit reports and analytics, in line with internal audit standards and methodologies, with full adherence to the internal audit framework.
• Lead and manage complex internal audits on functional process (including Finance, supply chain, Legal and Regulatory, Sales & Marketing if applicable), review inconsistencies and advise on required changes/enhancements to improve technological risk management, control and governance processes, in line with company’s strategic objectives and best practice guidelines’;
• Assist internal departments to meet regulatory and compliance standards;
• Assess the likely/projected legal implications and ramifications of process and functional audits;
• Consolidate, review and sign off on all process audits for submission to top management and Audit Committee;
• Ensure cost effective operation of the process and program internal audit sub-function by driving excellence and effectiveness of the internal audit framework, which will increase internal controls and manage risk, which, due to the nature of the business, is changing constantly;
• Identify and drive where appropriate, opportunities for cost saving initiatives without compromising quality and effectiveness of the framework;
• Provide direction to staff, ensure that the standards for internal audit are compiled at the highest level;
• Report to management on process audit, highlighting new internal and external high-level risks, cost controls and recommendations for improvements within the Internal Audit department;
• Provide assurance to management on the effectiveness of the internal controls over key functional processes.
• Develop and drive an annual risk based internal audit plan with regards to process and program audits in order to ensure adequate quality assurance over risk management;
• Ensure that the process and program internal audit sub-function remains independent, objective and ethical;
• Provide expertise, advice and support to management by providing technical insights on new process risks;
• Ensure that best practices in internal audit are incorporated into the framework, driving cost reduction and effectiveness in risk management;
• Assist the external auditors in a professional manner
• Provide consultation to management with regards to controls and control portfolios
• Assess and advice management on new enhancements / developments and changes in controls, processes and operations that significantly impact the organization
• Provide expert support in the field to the GM in developing the overall process audit framework, and continuous improvement.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Bachelor of Commerce / Information Systems or a related discipline
• MBA is an added advantage.
• CIA or CA or CIMA is a must
• A minimum of 7 years in a business environment of which at least 5 years should have been in Internal Audit and 5 years in a managerial position.
• Professional competencies
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of risk, control and auditing methodologies
• Good practical knowledge of Excel and Microsoft Word.
• Knowledge of flowcharting.
• Task management (adapt risk management work when necessary, handle multi-tasking, scheduling, using sophisticated risk management approaches
• Project Management
• Skills & Physical Competencies:
• Ability to manage self and be a team player, good conflict management, take and manage accountability
• Energy & Drive – Innovative, takes initiative, result oriented and develops self consistently
• Interpersonal Skills – Leadership, customer centricity, collaborative and coaches & develops direct reports
• Personal Skills – Trustworthy, integrity and ethical in dealings
• Operating Skills – Ability to focus on priorities and plans, shares knowledge effectively
• Organisational Positioning Skills – Good written and verbal communication, presentation skills, commitment to the organization
• Strategic Skills – Global thinker, Analytical thinking and Problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to manage intra-group dynamics
NB: The Incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality in performing the duties of the Senior Manager Financial & Operations Audit
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified applicants should indicate vacancy number IRC24596 as the email subject. Application without the subject will automatically be disqualified.
Interested and qualified applicants should send their Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10 August, 2021
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.