Senior Key Account Manager (Consumer Goods)
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2021
Date Posted: Friday, May 21, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
Jumia is a leading e-commerce platform in Africa. It is built around a marketplace, Jumia Logistics, and JumiaPay.
The marketplace helps millions of consumers and sellers to connect and transact. Jumia Logistics enables the delivery of millions of packages through our network of local partners. JumiaPay facilitates the payments of online transactions for Jumia’s ecosystem.
With over 1 billion people and 500 million internet users in Africa, Jumia believes that e-commerce is making people’s lives easier by helping them shop and pay for millions of products at the best prices wherever they live.
E-commerce is also creating new opportunities for SMEs to grow, and job opportunities for a new generation to thrive.
With over 5,000 employees in more than 10 countries in Africa, Jumia is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by very high-profile shareholders. Jumia is committed to creating sustainable impact in Africa. Jumia offers unique opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment, creating new jobs, new skills, and empowering a new generation.
As Senior Key account manager, you will have the end to end responsibility of the customer experience and growth of our largest Brand accounts. Your role is to bring in the relevant assortment, design targeted promotions, and manage partners including sellers and brands.
• Develop and manage subcategories under Jumia. Maintain the P&L and develop annual and quarterly category strategic plans by conducting financial analysis of the business.
• Manage the entire physical product lifecycle, from strategic activities to tactical implementation, including product portfolio idea generation
• Work closely with the vendor management team to identify vendors and negotiate contracts to ensure best quality and costs.
• Ensure continuous growth of our existing business by owning pricing and promotions strategy, working with marketing teams to improve product content and visibility; and managing stock availability by coordinating teams across the business to bring the product to the customer.
• Partner with Jumia Services to improve product availability, reduce costs, and minimize our working capital investment. Work together with system teams to identify main opportunities for process automation and efficiency gains.
• Influence large number stakeholders across the business; work closely with the team members and other business groups to deliver results and be comfortable in presenting projects and results to senior leadership on a regular basis.
• Building strong link with account managers of our top brands and vendors.
• Bachelor’s Degree in any field from a recognised and accredited University
• Minimum of 6+ years of relevant professional experience within an e-commerce, retail merchandising or category management role
• Experience working with top computing brands and scaling new businesses
• Adequate knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
• Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
• Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
• Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment is essential for success.
• A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
• A unique opportunity of having strong impact in building the African ecommerce sector
• The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team
• An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 72
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10 June. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.