Senior Account Officer
Jobs at:A Reputable Logistics Company
Deadline of this Job:
10 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: A Reputable Logistics Company
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
To provide support for financial operations; including recording, reporting and reconciling financial transactions
REPORT TO: Head, Finance
CREDIT CONTROL MANAGEMENT
• Ensures review assessment and due diligent for all credit customers.
• Follow up on overdue debts.
• Ensure credit limit and credit days are adhered to by all customers.
• Report to line manager any default by any customer for immediate action.
• Maintains an up to date customers Account Statements.
ERP FINANCIAL REPORTING
• Performs/Reviews monthly bank balances for all JSAL Banks Accounts
• Reviews and reconciles monthly Receivable balance to sub ledgers.
• Ensures postings of invoices daily in the ERP.
• Ensures three way matching and advices Line Manager for approval.
• Reviews and ensures there are approval for all payments
• Ensures VAT payments are prepared and paid before the end of each month.
• Ensues PAYE, SNNIT, PF are paid on time.
• Ensures adherence to WHT deduction and payment at end of each month and follow up WHT Certificates.
• Files for quarterly Corporate Tax (Self-Assessment)
• Performs periodic spot check on Petty Cash
• Confirms check payments in the absence of Line Manager.
• Requests for Checks books
• Maintains Foreign and Local Transfer Files
• Ensures Capex Form backs all Fixed Assets acquisitions.
• Maintain and Updates Fixed Assets Register.
• To step in as a support in the absence of Account Receivable or Payable Officers.
• Any other legitimate duties assigned by Line Manager.
Qualification and Experience
• BSC Accounting / Bachelor of Commerce /HND in Finance
• Part II or its equivalent
• ICA/ACCA, CIMA, CA Qualification or its equivalent
• At least three (3) years working experience in finance & accounting
Knowledge, skills and abilities
• Knowledge of the use of Accounting software and tools ( ERP ,NAVISION, SAP, Quick Books)
• Knowledge of the Accounting Standards and related regulations
• Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to plan ahead and think strategically.
• Ability to solve problem make decisions.
• Ability to Organize and delegate
• Ability to work within a team
• Ability to supervise direct reports.
• Ability to work and perform under pressure
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to develop and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Ability to meet deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.