Reporting and Performance Monitoring Officer
Deadline of this Job:
15 September 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting and Performance Monitoring Officer
Advans is a leading microfinance group established in 2005. Advans mission is to respond to the need for financial services of small businesses and other populations who have ill-adapted, limited or no access to formal financial services. The Advans Group currently spans nine countries: Cambodia, Cameroon, Ghana, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Pakistan, Nigeria, Tunisia and Myanmar. As at end of December 2020, the group served more than 1,000,000 clients and employed more than 7,500 staff. The group’s shareholders are EIB, KfW, FMO, CDC Group plc, FISEA (AFD Group) and IFC. In Ghana, Advans operates since 2008 and serves around 70,000 clients through 20 branches and various channels and around 650 employees.
Are you looking for a new challenge in a dynamic and multicultural environment? Do you have experience in financial reporting, data analytics and or Business Intelligence reporting? If you wish to join a committed group, seeking to have a positive and sustainable impact, join our leading international microfinance group!
This is a permanent position based in Accra.
What will your role be?
Reporting directly to the Head of Reporting and Performance Monitoring Unit, the office holder will assist in the preparation of reports to management on the operations and performance of the organization. The role will be responsible for delivering a Standard range of operational and financial information that will be required for internal analysis, regulatory reporting, reports to shareholders, lenders, and other external stakeholders.
Your main missions will be:
• Preparation of reports on operational and financial outputs to management on regular basis and provide insight into key data point.
• Preparation of reports on the utilization of resources to Management for Cost control
• Assist with the preparation of reports to lenders and other external partners
• Assist in the preparation of various reports to Regulatory agencies
• Assist with the computation of performance bonus of operations staff using key operational outputs for payroll processing.
• Assist in the development and design of computation tools for Branches and Departments with the help of Excel, BI tools etc.
• Maintain all databases and perform necessary update to maintain accuracy.
• Consistently examine data reports to ascertain and resolve errors.
• Collect and analyze data for different type of business reports for different stakeholders.
• Communicate the result of analysis of data in both written and verbal form to stakeholders.
• Monitor data to ascertain deviation in financial and business trends
Required Skills or Experience
What kind of profile are we looking for?
• You hold at least a first degree in Accounting/Finance/Commerce/Economics/Statistics/Data Analytics. You are or have:
• Full or Part qualified professional Accountant from reputable accountancy institutions (CA; ACCA; CIMA) should be an advantage. Where a candidate does not have this, there should be a desire to progressively attain this within a year after assumption of role.
• A minimum of 2 years in performance monitoring/reporting role or data analytics involving the use of various tools and applications.
• Professional working experience in an accounting/audit role in a competitive business environment is a key advantage.
• Experience in a financial institution (MFI, S&L or Bank) is a key advantage
What kind of Skills is required?
• Ability to meet deadlines and to adhere to quality specifications established
• Excellent aptitude in Microsoft Excel
• Good reporting and Communication skills
• Excellent Numeracy and analytical aptitudes
• Manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
• Excellent critical thinking skills to help solve business problems and make decisions
• Paying close attention to small details that could impact results
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply visit: https://advans.aragon-erh.com/new_rec_portal/index/GHA#
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.