Recruitment of A Consultant To Conduct A Study On Tax Accountability and Its Effectiveness In Ghana
Jobs at:Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition (GACC)
Deadline of this Job:
21 March 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, March 08, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• The research activity aims at assessing and providing new information on the current governance and policy framework for ensuring tax accountability in Ghana and their effectiveness.
Scope of the Assignment
• The study will cover detailed understanding of the context of tax accountability in Ghana, the governance and policy framework, the effectiveness of existing tax accountability platforms and initiatives, gaps and recommendations on how to improve tax accountability in Ghana to yield domestic resources for development as well as boost tax paying culture and morale. The study would be expected to be based on a mixed methods of desk review and interviews.
4 Activities of the Consultant
The Consultant shall carry out the following:
• Assess the current legal, institutional, and regulatory framework for tax revenue accountability in Ghana.
• Assess the effectiveness of the current tax accountability framework, platforms, and initiatives.
• Outline stakeholders, particularly, CSOs response to institutional reforms and measures to improve tax accountability.
• Indicate gaps in Ghana’s tax accountability governance and policy framework and proposemeasures that may be necessary to strengthen Ghana’s capacity and political will to improve tax accountability.
The deliverables for this assignment are:
• A study report that provides an understanding of the new information on tax accountability in Ghana.
• Draft Report by 30th April 2022.
• Final report by 31st May 2022
Duration of Assignment
The assignment is estimated to require 3 months.The assignment should commence immediately after contracting.
Governance and Support by GACC
The Consultant will provide the above services and will provide progress updates monthly as requested by GACC. The Consultant will report to the Executive Secretary of GACC.
Interested candidates must provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and proven experience and track records of conducting similar assignments and engaging policy officials at the high level.
Qualification and Experience
• An advanced university degree in taxation, development economics or its equivalent
• A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant work experience in the fields of national tax policy and /or development economics.
• Knowledge of or previous work experience in the fields of national tax policy formulation and implementation.
• Ability to work independently and under tight deadlines; and
• A high level of attention to detail.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should send their:
• Curriculum vitae and
• A technical proposal outlining the assessment approach and a budget
Via email : email@example.com
By hand delivery at
Ghana Anti-Corruption Coalition,
Behind Pig Farm Total Service Station,
C1173/12 Kotobabi Road,
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.