Jobs at:Reputable Financial Institution
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, March 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Reputable Financial Institution
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
A reputable financial institution is seeking to hire Recovery Officers for its Ada, Nkawkaw and Accra branches. The ideal candidates should speak the local languages of the area they prefer to work.
The ideal candidates will be responsible for the following:
• Assists the Recovery Manager in the design, implementation and application of sound lending and collection practices as part of the credit and risk management function and processes
• Ensures all credit activities are in compliance with sound business practices, legislation, regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
• Conducts regular reviews of lending limits, audit controls, lending caps and other risk management areas to ensure compliance; reviews commercial and retail files on a random basis.
• Assists the Recovery Manager to establish and document credit management policies, processes, and clear guidelines including for pre-loan eligibility requirements, client screening, collateral, product design, loan approval authority level, repayment terms and incentives, and delinquency and default management.
• Ensures that loans adhere to existing policy guidelines, that documentation is adequate to ensure security of collateral, and that ongoing administration and review is adequate to maintain the loan portfolio’s quality and profitability
• Implements, with assistance from the Recovery Manager, effective delinquency measurement and loan loss monitoring policies and procedures including a standard monitoring tool for payments in arrears and portfolio at risk.
• Assists the Manager in ensuring the application of sound lending and collection and risk management principles and ensures compliance through unannounced spot checks and audits.
• Embarks on an exercise to recover accounts that have been written off
• Ensure that appropriate telephone and/or personal contact is made at the earliest possible stage on written off accounts, in accordance with the recoveries time table
• Ensure that payments are correctly allocated to the appropriate accounts
• Check demand letters for a hundred percent accuracy before dispatching same
• Ensures that he/she takes cognizance of duties performed by other team members to enable adequate cover to be provided at all times of holiday/absence
• To assist the Recovery Manager in the management of external agencies (bailiffs, lawyers, debt collectors) in collaboration with the Legal Department
• To undertake Debt Recovery Analysis for the Compliance & Recovery Manager along with process improvement recommendations .
• A good bachelors degree from a recognised University
• General knowledge in banking with emphasis on credit/banking operations
• Three (3) years’ experience in credit
• Excellent analytical skills and appreciation of ICT (especially, MS excel).
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong team player with good interpersonal skills.
• High sense of integrity.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.