Provost, College of Humanities and Legal Studies
Jobs at:University of Cape Coast
Deadline of this Job:
31 March 2022
Date Posted: Wednesday, February 23, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Provost is the academic and administrative Head of a College. He/She is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for providing leadership to the College and for maintaining as well as promoting the efficiency and good order of the College in accordance with policies and procedures prescribed by the University of Cape Coast Law, 1992 (PNDCL 278) and the University of Cape Coast Statutes.
Qualification Required & Experience
An applicant must:
• be an internationally acclaimed scholar of professorial status or equivalent status in an analogous institution;
• be a distinguished scholar with capacity to motivate and direct staff;
• exhibit high sense of industry, leadership qualities and organizational skills and must be above reproach;
• possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
• be visionary, business-oriented and able to establish rapport between industry and the University for a common purpose;
• be sober with maturity and drive for sound and impartial judgment;
• be able to attract grants and funds for research and development activities in the College;
• be an individual of stature and integrity;
• have background in education, arts, social sciences or law;
• have a number of years of experience in university management and administration.
TERMS OF APPOINTMENT
• The appointment, which is full-time, is for a term of three years renewable, upon completion, for a second consecutive term of three years only, subject to application and interview.
• The applicant should be able to serve a full three-year term of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of 60 years.
• A successful candidate, who is not a Faculty Member of University of Cape Coast prior to the appointment, may opt to be a Faculty Member after serving the term(s) if that is before his/her sixtieth (60th) birthday.
• The successful applicant shall be expected to take office on 1st August, 2022.
SALARY AND FRINGE BENEFITS
The salary and fringe benefits attached to the post are attractive.
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should complete and submit Application Forms together with eight (8) copies of curricula vitae, relevant supporting documents and three-page vision statement to the address below
University of Cape Coast
Electronic copies of the application documents should be sent to the email address:
• Applicants should request three (3) referees to submit written reports on them directly to the above address.
• The application should be labelled, “APPLICATION FOR PROVOST”.
• The application form is obtainable from the Directorate of Human Resource and the University’s website https://bit.ly/ProvostAppForm
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.