Jobs at:Plan International
Deadline of this Job:
03 November 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 22, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Typical Responsibilities - Key End Results of Position:
Prepares financial and other reports to aid the preparation of the overall Women’s Voices and Leadership (WVL) project financial reports for dissemination and decision making. To do this, the position holder:
• Ensure that project transactions are reviewed and correctly entered into SAP on timely basis;
• Provides quarterly, year-end and other grants financial reports and analyses as per required instructions for management decisions making;
• Ensure proper filing ( electronic and hard copy ) of grants financial reports;
• Assists the Project Manager in the preparation of quarterly and year-end financial schedules of the project;
• Consolidates and submit monthly community and partner visits reports received from Project Staff;
• Review project sub-ledger for all advances and prepaid expenses and follows up on outstanding advances;
Monitors and reviews advance liquidation.
Budget preparation and Budgetary Control Support for the effective implementation of the WVL project financial plan. To do this, the position holder will:
• Be In charge of the preparation of the Project annual budget;
• Monitor project budget and modify when necessary;
• Consolidate monthly project budget and Financial Report;
• Maintain a budgetary control system to monitor grant budget vs. Expenditure and advise management on variances and corrective actions required to be taken;
• Respond to grants financial queries in liaison with the Country Finance Manager (CFM), Business Development Manager and the Project Manager;
• Train/coach partner finance staff in delivery of job requirements to support grants compliance and financial reporting;
• Ensure Partner liquidation and financial reports are properly reviewed before further funds are advanced;
• Create standard report template for Plan’s partners to ensure consistency in reporting;
• Ensure compliance with best practices and donor specific requirements by WROs/Sub-grantees.
Coordinates Cash Forecasting for the WVL project to ensure the availability of funds for project operations. To do this, the position holder will:
• Promptly transfer funds to project bank account and ensure effective cash flow management;
• Ensure Project bank account and cash balances never go negative by following up in a timely manner.
Operates the Plan International Operations software to meet Plan’s or GAC spending and financial reporting requirement. To do this, the position holder will:
• Submit monthly cash forecast to the Country Accountant;
• Ensure that all approved project budget account lines- Donor account line together with subsequent modifications are accurate in SAP
• Undertake checks to ensure that all transactions are accurately entered into SAP.
• Review and manage recharges within country project budgets
• Ensure that SAP Monthly reports are printed and signed off.
• Analyse project balance especially expenses account after closure and effect the necessary corrections with the support of the Project Manager
Implement Internal Financial Controls and Payment Processes for the attainment of value for money at all times. To do this, the position holder will:
• Prepare the weekly payment list based on the approved cash forecast requirement;
• Project payments made as per approved policies and procedures;
• Review all the vouchers for completeness and documentation and arithmetic accuracy.
• Ensure cheques are not issued if they do not form part of the weekly payment list, exceptions should be approved by the Country Finance Manager
• Prepare project Financial audit action list after each audit ensure its compliance
• Monitor and submit quarterly report on project financial risks
• Visit WROs and their locations at least once a quarter to provide the needed technical support to WRO finance teams
• Keep CFM informed of any initiative or difficulties relating to job responsibilities
• Fulfils Plan International’s Safeguarding Policy at all times to protect Children and the Youth from all forms of abuse
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time to support the achievement of the WVL Project Goals
• Dealing with Problems: Complexity of problems handled and the degree of investigation, analyses and creative thinking required to solve them.
Qualification and Experience
• First Degree in Accounting plus ICA Ghana part 2 or ACCA Foundation ( Level 2) or its equivalent
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
• Knowledge in SAP Accounting software would be an added advantage
• Show strong understanding and knowledge of Cash Flows, Budgetary Controls and Compliance with Finance Controls.
• Fair knowledge in Project Management.
Demonstrated behaviours needed by the postholder to successfully perform the role:
• Communicates clearly and effectively
• Ability to facilitate a Participative processes
• Commitment to working transparently and with integrity.
• Independence, Objectivity and integrity.
• Organized, Methodic and Meticulous
• Develops, motivates and coaches others.
• Promotes innovation and learning
• Gains, develops and retains credibility about his/her performance
• Ability to work under pressure, prioritize and meet deadlines.
• Committed to respecting deadlines
Skills Specific to the post needed to put knowledge into practice.
• Demonstrable experience in managing multimillion-dollar institutional grants through donors such as Global Affairs Canada, USAID, DFID and European Union.
• Financial Reporting Skills
• Problem Solving Skills
• Good Team Player
• Good Negotiating, Facilitating and Influencing Skills
• Knowledge in relevant accounting software and proficient in Microsoft applications especially Excel and Pivot tables, PowerPoint
• Good Communication Skills ( both oral and written skills)
• Self-starter takes initiative and works with minimal direct supervision.
• Good Accounting, Analytical and Judgement Skills
• Good Supervisory and Coordination Skills
• Flexible, able to shift directions quickly and occasionally work long hours to meet tight reporting deadlines.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.