Program Partner, MSME/Finance
Jobs at:Mastercard Foundation
Deadline of this Job:
25 September 2021
Date Posted: Saturday, September 11, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Mastercard Foundation
State: Jobs in Accra
Mastercard Foundation seeks a world where everyone has the opportunity to learn and prosper. Through its Young Africa Works strategy and Canadian EleV program, the Foundation works with partners to ensure that millions of young people, especially young women, access quality education, financial services and dignified work. Mastercard Foundation was established in 2006 through the generosity of Mastercard when it became a public company. The Foundation is independent with its own Board of Directors and CEO.
THE WORK AT THE FOUNDATION
We have entered a very exciting time at the Foundation as we scale up our operations across Africa to realize our Young Africa Works strategy. Our role at the Mastercard Foundation is to be a catalyst. Our Young Africa Works strategy focuses on working with others to spur systemic change so young people have the opportunity to find work that is dignified and fulfilling.
The Foundation has opened offices in Rwanda, Kenya, Ghana, Senegal, Ethiopia, Nigeria and Uganda, building a broader leadership presence in Africa to develop specific strategies that support youth employment. Within a country, we work with governments, the private sector, educators and other funders to improve the quality of education and vocational training, prepare young people for the work force, expand access to financial services for entrepreneurs and small businesses, and connect job seekers to dignified and fulfilling work.
We are ambitious and driven. Our values transcend and rise above everything else as our guide. We encourage you to bring your bold ideas, curiosity, and expertise to your work. We laugh at ourselves and with each other. We are a team. Our journey together makes our impact even more meaningful.
If you are an experienced Micro Small Medium Enterprise/Finance professional looking to increase your impact, read on!
Reporting to the Country Head, the Program Partner, MSME primarily engages partners for successful program design and implementation. The job holder works with Program Leads and Partners to provide technical expertise in the development of programs and interventions, help partners build a shared understanding of key issues and opportunities related to growing MSME employment in the country, and contributes to the Foundation’s learning agenda.
WAYS YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
• Provide support and contribute to the ongoing definition and development of Country Office strategies and expansion.
• Manage current and future programs as appropriate; including programs in the rural finance initiative and distill learnings for Foundation staff.
• Communicate progress and learnings from projects to colleagues and the wider development community.
• Identify challenges and opportunities facing MSMEs that can be unlocked through education, labour and financial systems to drive job growth.
• Provide perspective and expertise on emerging issues and trends in youth employment, MSME sector and entrepreneurship growth in Africa.
• Identify and overcome barriers to team effectiveness by sharing knowledge and learnings while offering insights and possible solutions to issues and/or program challenges.
• Contribute insights to the Foundation’s thought leadership on youth employment in Africa.
• Build relationships with partner organizations, communities of practice, and global stakeholders.
• Serve as a local point of contact and collaborator across a range of interested parties including partner organizations, government officials, young people, and private sector leaders on issues of common concern to leverage positive impact toward common goals.
• Represent the Foundation and collaborate with key internal and external stakeholders.
WHO YOU ARE
• Master’s degree or equivalent experience in Finance, Business and Development Economics.
• Minimum of seven (7) years of experience in business development support, financing, and non-financial support to MSMEs or new enterprises is highly preferred.
• Solid expertise and ability in designing and managing relevant and appropriate fintech solutions for MSMEs in various sectors and various stages of development.
• Experience working on MSME support programs in Ghana and knowledge of Ghanaian and West African social, economic, regulatory, business, and political contexts.
• Demonstrate experience in project design and management with focus on enterprise development and MSME support.
• Strong understanding of MSME segments (from early-stage start-ups to growth-stage SMEs) in Africa and the systemic challenges constraining their growth, with a particularly understanding of the Senegal context.
• Understanding of the role MSMEs can play in economic transformation and job creation.
• Strong budgeting skills with the ability to manage a portfolio of commitments.
• Excellent project management skills, including multi-stakeholder projects.
• Excellent presentation and listening skills.
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to execute a range of job duties and changing priorities.
• Proactive, engaged and a self-starter.
• Committed to Mastercard Foundation’s values and vision.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th Sept. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.