Jobs at:AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited
Deadline of this Job:
13 April 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 31, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AngloGold Ashanti (Ghana) Limited, Obuasi Gold Mine is currently near completion of the redevelopment phase to become a modern, efficient and long-term profitable operation. The underground mining operation has been fully mechanized and designed to produce up to an average maximum of 5,000 t/day of ore mined.
We are seeking an experienced and self-motivated person to join our dedicated team as Payroll Officer.
ROLE PURPOSE AND CONTEXT
To Provide key payroll support to the Payroll Superintendent on Monthly basis during payroll Runs. The role also involve coordinating and supporting payment of staff wages and salaries and other benefits, to also help to ensure proper and correct salaries are paid to staff and on time.
• Ensure new recruits are setup on the payroll system (i.e. Setup all applicable earnings and deductions e.g. Duty allowance, Provident Fund etc.)
• Support the entire payroll functions and ensure that all pay groups (e.g. employees and governmental agencies – IRS & SNNIT) are paid accurately and Timely.
• Prepare monthly Basic salary reconciliation for all pay groups and payment requisitions for approval.
• Support the full implementation of the statutory laws, policies, the collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and procedures.
• Investigate and resolve inquiries from Human Resources, Government Agencies and employees.
• Assist in the generation and distribution of payroll reports as required. (E.g. pay slips, bank listings, leave accruals, general ledger, social security, tax, Tier 2, Tier 3, and Tier 4)
• Liaise with various Pension Fund Managers and employees and assist in addressing any queries.
• Assist in managing Employee payroll, Leave, Back Pay, Annual Bonus, Month End etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in Accounting, HND (Accounting option) or its equivalent.
• At least four (4) years’ experience in a mining environment.
• Must be computer literate with significant proficiency in Spreadsheets
• Experience and understanding of total mining cycle.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good communication and writing skills
• Skills in Business improvement and managing change
• Sound understanding of Obuasi Mine’s value drivers
• Displaying high levels of ethical and moral uprightness
• Result oriented and display of technical and professional expertise
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.