Officer, Finance and Administration at International Potato Center (CIP)
Jobs at:International Potato Center (CIP)
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Thursday, February 17, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Position: This position will be hosted by the International Water Management Institute in Ghana, on behalf of the International Potato Center. The selected candidate will be based in Tamale, Ghana and will report to the Regional Finance Manager and co-report to the Project and Marketing Manager, Country Liaison.
• Oversee the financial operations of the country office and ensure timely delivery of financial reports, including cash and bank management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of the country’s financial management.
• Responsible for oversight of country budget ensuring on time adjustment of costs to avoid deficits in coordination with country liaison and Budget and Planning office
• Responsible for entering financial information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for projects and for the organization.
• Ensure that all financial and procurement processes have appropriate internal controls to prevent fraud and audit findings
• Coordinate with assistant and process accounting records in ERP system, payment requests to suppliers, reconciliations of accounts
• Performing coordination for accounting, and treasury with hosting institution
• Liaise with the Projects Finance Specialists in the monitoring and review of partners reports.
• Manage financial controls, analyzing the project budget, and making recommendations on budget expenditures to ensure that program funds are utilized appropriately and in a timely fashion, in collaboration with the PMU focal point for the project.
• Support the Country Liaison and Project Managers, in coordination with the Project Finance Assistant, with project budget monitoring and review.
• Ensuring that all staff and partners are aware of financial control system and comply with rules regarding travel requests and liquidations.
• Oversee the country statutory annual audits as well as external or project audits as applicable.
• Manage fixed assets of the Center, review and support the preparation of inventories.
• Responsible for procurement of goods and services in compliance with donor requirements.
• Manage the vehicle pool, ensuring vehicles are well maintained, and logbooks appropriately filled.
• Manage all fixed assets and supporting annual inventories of those assets.
• Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user.
• Grants & Contracts
• Coordinate with the Grants and Contracts (G&C) team donor compliance related actions in line with the compliance matrix of each Project.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, or Financial Management.
• 5 years of relevant work experience, including administrative functions.
• Proficiency in accounting skills and budget management. c7ah5rq u0j19
• Advanced skills in utilizing Excel.
• Knowledge of local tax regulations and labor law.
• Experience in procurement procedures.
• Experience in office management.
• E xcellent interpersonal relationships skills and teamwork orientation.
• Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
• Formal training in project management
• Experience with accounting software packages
• Why should you consider this opportunity?
• CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
• CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
• Compensation package commensurate with experience.This is a Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Ghana nationals and permanent residents only. The contract will be for an initial period of (03) three years (with a 6-month probation period). Renewal is dependent on performance and availability of funds.
• Work in diverse workplace committed to gender equality.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply ,Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here https://recruit.zohopublic.com/recruit/PortalDetail.na?iframe=true&digest=ytYfxFjwDefd6FnbsIRmrTIOFsefphEVTG6URVzuayI-&jobid=268451000013483001&widgetid=268451000000062008&embedsource=CareerSite
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.