National Admin and Finance Officer
Deadline of this Job:
06 June 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, June 02, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Ghana
IFDC (www.ifdc.org) is an International Public Non-Profit Organization striving to improve the livelihood of people in developing countries throughout the world. Its mission is to facilitate the sustainable improvement of agricultural productivity through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound plant nutrient technology and agricultural marketing.
The incumbent will provide support to the Office of Finance in the two main countries as well as the Country Representative in country finance and administration issues while working closely with the Regional Finance Officer by performing oversight role in financial and administrative management of the country office and ensure uniformity and compliance to IFDC policies. She/he is responsible for managing, coordinating and directing the country office’s work in Administration, and Finance and support such as travel, procurement, inventory, vehicles and drivers
National Administration and Finance Officer will be a national position and reports to the Country Representative and providing overall oversight to the Finance and Admin department in the country
Main duties are:
• Ensure monthly fund request is prepared and submitted on a timely basis;
• Manage the countries Payroll and ensure staff salary and benefits are paid in a timely manner while ensuring that all legal requirements regarding employment of staff are implemented (social security, income tax, work schedule
• Ensure that country office accountant/s are given the required support and guidance in NetSuite and ensure that the monthly accounting is closed on a timely manner.
• Offers support to the HQ Accountants and answers all finance and accounting related queries and reconciliations requested.
• Serve as contact point between IFDC Country Office, Field Program office and HQ regarding Administrative, and Finance issues.
• Review and analyze all management reports, (vehicle management, procurement status, inventory, physical verification of inventory process, and other related management reports) and give feedback and recommendations to Country Representative;
• Oversee the day to day administrative functions of the office and its satellite offices
• Schedules appointments and meetings for the country Representative
• Supervise the Administrative and Finance staff in country office;
• Ensure the staff understand and observe IFDC Procedures Manual;
• Conduct induction session for newly recruited staff;
• Maintain staff files of local staff and consultants;
• Ensure all staff submits their timesheets at the same time ensure the timesheets for international staff are sent to HQ and keep up to date record of the hard copies;
• Monitor leave requests from staff and inform all team members about absences;
• In close collaboration with the project administration officer, ensure general day-to-day project administration, including but not limited to purchase of equipment and services, organization of travels, logistics for project activities;
• Assist the country staff in organizing the annual evaluation of local staff
• Support the projects in review of the partners and subgrantees financial reports ensuring compliance.
• Ensure financial integrity of the office by instituting appropriate internal controls;
• Serve as contact point between IFDC Office regarding Administrative and Finance issues;
• Monitor the implementation of the budgeting as per project guidelines;
• Monitor the accounting and compliance with expenditure authorization requirements from requisitions through Field Programs office approvals to complete support document trails;
• Supervise office logistics: procurements and yearly inventory and travel arrangements for staff;
• Provide support to the Country Representative on all other administrative and financial issues;
• Perform any other duties deemed necessary and requested by the supervisors.
• Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance Management, Accounting or any other related field and capacity for detail;
• At least 10 years of experience in accounting
• Practical experience in the management of donor funded projects in the NGO sector;
• Strong computer skills with experience in MS office software and internet;
• Proficiency in English, both in verbal and written communication;
• Ability to communicate in French, as a second language, would be a added advantage;
• Ability to work independently under pressure, and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and international environment;
• Strong interpersonal skills, team working skills with ability to maintain effective work relationships;
• Previous experience as Financial and Administrative Manager or any relevant experience;
• Excellent communication skills with ability to express ideas clearly, logically and effectively
• Ability to assess priorities and work on own initiative.
• Great organizational skills and attention to detail in operationalization of administrative and finance tasks.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong sense of integrity and personal commitment to the achievement of goals.
• Good teamwork skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
• Advanced knowledge in accounting
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 6 June. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.