Junior Finance & Payments Analyst
Deadline of this Job:
25 February 2021
Date Posted: Friday, February 12, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The purpose of this role is to be a business partner and to support the business on several aspects including doing business cases, delivering on KPIs, providing financial support, decision analytics and budgeting and forecasting. .
• Booking bank payments in accordance with the M-KOPA approved chart of accounts by D+2 after the payments is affected.
• Focus on the financial bookkeeping of the business in line with the company policies.
• Cross checking expenses with corresponding receipts and invoices before payment.
• Booking of travel advances on a regular basis and submission of a monthly report to HR through the Team Leader.
• Monthly general ledger reconciliation.
• End month journal preparation and posting e.g., accruals, commissions.
• Preparation of monthly management accounts including detailed analysis of movements in key line items.
• Maintenance of creditors ledger/ Accounts Payable reconciliation.
• Posting and reconciling monthly revenue figures and accounts’ receivable balances.
• Managing the purchase to pay process and specifically ensuring Purchase Orders are raised on time (before the goods / services are ordered), have all correct information(including an attachment from the vendor e.g., a quote) and are appropriately received.
• Liaising with the company’s auditors, bankers, and tax advisors.
• Ensure compliance with all tax regulations e.g., returns submitted and taxes paid on time.
Experience ,Skills &Competencies:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration (Finance or accounting option), statistics Commerce or related courses from a recognized university.
• At least level One (1) of accounting qualifications (CIMA) will be an added advantage.
• One year of experience in a similar position or worked with reputable organization/agency.
• Work experience with a donor funded institution will be an added advantage.
• A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure.
• Full computer Literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS office functions, especially Ms Word & Excel.
• A mature personality of high integrity with a great team working skills, a courteous attitude and clear sense of confidentiality
• M-KOPA Solar is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained staff. Women, minorities and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. In compliance with applicable laws and in furtherance of its commitment to fostering an environment that welcomes and embraces diversity, M-KOPA does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and parenting status), disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or genetic information in its programs or activities, including employment.
• Accounting (CIMA, ACCA)
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 1 years
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.