Health Economist, Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access
Deadline of this Job:
02 March 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, February 18, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. .
• Design and conduct economic analyses for public health interventions or specific health technologies, including:
• Design and conduct studies to collect primary data on the costs of disease and health care interventions.
• Cost analyses of health programs or interventions.
• Cost-effectiveness and health impact modeling of vaccines and other health interventions.
• Budget impact modeling.
• Demand forecasting.
• Participate in report writing, presentations, and publication of results and findings in peer-reviewed journals.
• Work independently as well as collaborate with other health economists, interdisciplinary teams, and international partners, to design and conduct economic analyses.
• Work with teams to interpret and communicate results of the analyses to relevant stakeholders.
• Contribute to development and writing of proposals for new projects.
• Work with partner organizations, including managing contracts and deliverables to meet project needs.
• Represent PATH and CVIA at international, regional, and national meetings, and, where appropriate, present findings from research and analyses.
• Engage with academic, policy (e.g., WHO), donor (e.g., Gavi, BMGF) and country partners to achieve project goals.
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Advanced degree with a preference to PhD in economics, health economics, or related field.
• 5 years of work experience with demonstrated excellence conducting economic evaluations of health care interventions.
• Experience conducting economic evaluations for low- and middle-income countries and experience working with global health or development partners is a plus.
• Desire to work in one of PATH’s offices in Africa (with a preference for West Africa, i.e. Senegal or Ghana) and previous experiences with countries in the region.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with colleagues across time zones.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate research methods and results into publishable manuscripts for peer-reviewed journals.
• Ability to work effectively with interdisciplinary colleagues to achieve team goals.
• Experience in building health economic models using software such as Excel and TreeAge and conducting sensitivity analysis using software such as @Risk or Crystal ball, or similar type software.
• Working knowledge of data analysis software such as STATA and R a plus.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English. Additional language skills, especially French, a plus.
• Knowledge of public finance, health finance or domestic resource mobilization in low- and middle-income countries a plus.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%..
Job Education Requirements: Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
apply on the company website: https://path.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobinfo&jobid=304775&company_id=15780&version=1&source=ONLINE&jobOwner=988961&aid=1
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.