Head of Finance
Jobs at:A reputable non-bank financial institution
Deadline of this Job:
13 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, July 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Category: Banking / Finance
Job status: Full-Time
A reputable non-bank financial institution is seeking to recruit suitably qualified persons for the below positions: Head, Financial Reporting
Accounting & Finance Roles:
• Functions as the administrative head of the finance department.
• Maintains accurate and appropriate records and analysis of revenue and expenditure.
• Prepares periodic management accounts and financial statements for the review of DMD F&A.
• Responsible for the consolidation of group accounts for the review of DMD F&A.
• Assists in the preparation and management of annual budget.
• Coordinates the internal and external audit of the finance department of the company.
• Approves payment vouchers within assigned financial limit.
• Supervises the preparation of quarterly performance report for Head office, Cameroon, and Kenya offices.
• Supervises the preparation of technical committee reports.
• Prepares quarterly SDR for DMD F&A Review.
• Weekly review of General Ledger to ensure the appropriateness of accounting entries.
• Assists in the management of the company’s tax position.
• Undertakes thorough market research and analysis and make recommendations on profitable portfolio to DMD F&A.
• Management of the company liquidity to ensure excess funds for investment.
• Prepares regular investment reports and reviews, including quantitative and qualitative portfolio studies.
• Coordinates the activities of the Management Investment Committee
• Performs regular administration duties of all investment files..
• Helps manage and uphold counter-party relationships.
• Assists in investment activities in line with company approved investment policy.
COMPETENCIES FOR THE POSITION:
Key Managerial Competences:
• Ability to plan and organize the department.
• Strong leadership skills and ability to communicate clearly on financial issues.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build a strong team with shared goals.
• Ability to motivate others to achieve results.
• A good understanding of managing performance and performance management system.
• Prepare financial and other reports in accordance with law and other regulations.
• Develop and implement accounting policies and procedures.
• Conduct financial analysis and advise Management on financial strategies.
• Develop and implement sound investment strategies.
• Good knowledge f International Financial Reporting Standards
• Excellent computer skills and use of appropriate accounting and investment software.
• Ability to research, analyze and write good report on investment market.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Must be a Chartered Accountant (CA-GH, ACCA, or any other accounting qualification recognized by the National Insurance Commission) and:
• Relevant university degree plus a minimum of eight (8) years of work experience including two years in a managerial position or
• Relevant university degree and Master’s degree plus a minimum of six (6) years of work experience including two (2) years in managerial position.
• Must have minimum of 5 years of work experience in the insurance industry.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 24
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.