Head of Credit & Finance
Jobs at:Corporate Organisaton
Deadline of this Job:
09 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
A social enterprise in the WASH sector is recruiting Head of Credit & Finance to be based in Tamale.
• Team: Credit & Finance
• Reports to: Sama Sama Managing Director
• Start date: 1st October 2021
• Contract type: Full Time (Fixed Term)
• Contract end date: March 2023 (subject to renewal)
Reporting line relationships:
• Reports directly to the Sama Sama Managing Director.
• Need base indirect reporting relationship with the iDE Ghana Finance & Operations Director.
• Member of the Sama Sama Senior leadership team and work closely with the iDE Finance & Operations team.
General Job Description
Under the direct supervision of the Sama Sama Managing Director, the Head of Credit & Finance (HCF) produces and delivers accurate, actionable, and timely financial analysis to Managers at all levels of the business, and prepares financial reports & business performance updates on monthly basis to Sama Sama & iDE Leadership . The HCF will act as a conduit between customers, iDE operations, and all teams within iDE Ghana’s WASH space producing social enterprise management reports, establishing effective planning and processes for an in-house financing unit. The HCF will be responsible for enhanced customer and economic value through synchronized management of income-generating revenues.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities (modifications may be made at any time)
• Develop a strategy on credit portfolio management and performance report on monthly basis
• Maintain a documented system of social enterprise accounting policies, procedures, and process maps in compliance with iDE financial policy and procedures, and Generally Acceptable Accounting Principles (GAAP)
• Produce monthly, quarterly, annually, and ad hoc financial management reports regarding trends, variances, profitability, and performance measurement.
• Enhance customer profitability (new data feeds, new products, new methodology).
• Review business bottlenecks and recommend changes to improve the overall level of the business throughput.
• Participate in target costing activities to create products that meet predetermined price goals.
• Build interdepartmental relationships, streamline processes and procedures and duly communicate new initiatives.
• Develop an early fraud detection mechanism and fraud prevention controls for implementation to avoid the incidents of fraud.
• Liaise with iDE Finance & Operations for continuous engagement on social enterprise financing requirements.
• Forecast cash flow positions, related borrowing needs, and available funds for investment.
• Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements.
• Assist in determining the company's proper capital structure and investment opportunities.
• Work hard to improve systems and processes of company equity and debt financing.
• Manage the preparation of the organization’s budget, graphing, and reporting.
• Report to Sama Sama management on variances from actual expenditure against established budget, and the reasons for those variances.
• Assist financial modeling in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
Accounts Receivables & Cash Collections Management
• Establish appropriate payment channels for Sama Sama customers to make payments.
• Establish and adopt an innovative credit collection strategy to achieve a minimum of 85% recovery rate.
• Manage and report on accounts receivables balances for a specific customer account base.
• Set up robust processes for collections of overdue balances.
• Ensure adherence to payment terms, while limiting bad debt, maximizing sales, and building customer relationships.
• Manage relationships with third-party financiers and external collection agencies.
• Support credit teams to review credit portfolio and approvals for new accounts.
• Review incoming requests to ensure that all required information is received.
• Follow up with the Credit team on obtaining any missing information.
• Obtain and review available credit reports, third party/bank references, financials, and other relevant information.
• Approve/deny credit terms and limit, assign appropriate risk codes, and/or follow-up with management or Risk Group as applicable.
• Any other duties within scope of work that may be assigned.
Required Skills or Experience
• At least a degree in Finance. MBA with focus in Finance is preferable.
• At least 7 years progressive work experience in management accounting, credit management, planning and non-banking lending.
• Proficiency in QuickBooks and Net suits is a must.
• Knowledge of product, business strategy, customer relations or business development.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Must possess a high level of integrity.
• Ability to work under pressure while maintaining required performance standards.
• Positive attitude with excellent interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills, value-based business decisions, and prioritization.
• Strong relationship management, stakeholder management, and influencing skills.
• Strong leadership skills.
• Knowledge of WASH is an asset.
• Knowledge of the sanitation sector and/or small business management is an asset.
• Results-driven and ability to drive forward change independently.
• Strong analytical and numeracy skills.
• Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills to create reports and present them to others.
• Attention to details.
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
• Proficiency in Microsoft office especially Excel.
• Working knowledge and experience in using Salesforce will be an added advantage.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 84
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
All suitable applicants should post their Covering Letter, CV, NSS Certificate and Relevant educational certificates to email address email@example.com.
• In view of the anticipated volume of applications to be received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next phase of the recruitment process.
• Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.