Head, Structured Finance
Jobs at:Zormelo & Associates
Deadline of this Job:
10 March 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, March 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Primarily responsible for Sourcing, Structuring, Execution of complex and large size transactions and its associated credit activities emanating from the Corporate Coverage Department
Key Result Areas / Scope Of Responsibilities:
• Sales and Business Development
• Market analysis of target clients and their financing needs to identify opportunities for Bank’s Structured Trade/Project Finance practice.
• Preparation of Proposals, Term sheets, Authority To Proceed (ATPs) documents and Mandates and to conduct due diligence on potential transactions for risk and pricing considerations.
• Identifying and competing for mandates and to subsequently arrange and structure both balance sheet and off-balance sheet deals which would lead to the Bank playing a lead role in big ticket transactions syndication.
• Responsible for the roll-out of new products and identifying opportunities to expand the up-take of existing products in the Ghanaian economy, along with the economic rationale for the introduction of such initiatives.
• Perform financial and technical and other due diligence including analysis of Financial models as appropriate to establish viability of transactions.
• Customer/Transaction Management
• Responsible for ensuring all documents required for any deal are being delivered by the clients
• Perform financial, technical and other due diligence including analysis of financial models on transactions as appropriate.
• Responsible for the origination of new debt and or enhancement of existing debt in cooperation with Credit risk to obtain approval.
• Running and administering the transaction process and working with legal department to develop and conclude on deal documentation, including negotiating the terms with the clients.
• Work with Performance & Portfolio Monitoring and the Corporate Credit Administration Units in monitoring of live-transactions in our capacity as either lead arrangers and or participants in a transaction.
• Initiate and maintain Intensive communication with clients, the regional structured finance team in the preparation of the ATPs, Term Sheets and all the legal documents.
• Risk/Transaction Operations Management
• Work with the Performance & Portfolio monitoring unit to monitor covenants, conditions subsequent and other key conditions stipulated in the facility letter and or facility agreement to prevent or minimize probability of breaches.
• To ensure perfection of security (where necessary) and all legal/or security documents signed and sealed by appropriate officials of both the Bank and the syndicate partners.
• Arrange for remittance of loan repayments and interest payment to syndicate partners and other stakeholders.
• Work with Corporate Credit Administration to properly set up syndicate loans with the Bank being lead arrangers and or a participant.
Competencies, Education, Experience and Technical Skills Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in a commercial related field; Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a commercial/structured finance environment.
• Relevant knowledge and experience in banking and /or corporate finance specifically in banking debt products, corporate credit or corporate finance
• In depth knowledge of Ghanaian public and private sector enterprises, to be able to identify opportunities and originate new transactions that fit into the bank’s risk appetite
• Practical experience in syndicated lending-either playing lead arranger or participatory role.
• Excellent communication (written and verbal) and negotiation skills.
• Proficient report writing and financial modeling skills.
• High degree of customer focus, detailed knowledge of the customer proposition to enable development of effective and practical plans.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please click on the link to apply.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.