Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Locations: Accra, Ghana
The Grants Manager will contribute and support the overall grants financial management for the USAID-funded Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project at the FHI-360 country office. The Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project will work with Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division, District Health Management Teams, Community Health Management teams, local non-governmental organizations, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve accelerate the uptake and performance of key health behaviors such as malaria, maternal and child health (MNCH), nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), and family planning( FP) and reproductive health (RH) nationally and in targeted districts in northern Ghana.
Responsibilities include preparation of sub-awards, small grants, sub-contracts and other contractual mechanisms in compliance with US Government regulations for assistance awards. The Grants Manager will oversee a Grants Officer and collaboration closely with the finance and operations team to:
• Coordinate and monitor sub awards and subcontracts, provide on-site technical support to sub awardees and contractors in the administration and financial management of their sub awards/subcontracts
• Monitor sub awardee/sub-contractor financial and regulatory compliance, assist subs with preparing budgets, managing financial reporting, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations, coordinating with FHI360 headquarters on sub award/sub-contractor management and tracking
• Provide technical assistance to develop the capacity of partner organizations and entities in the country with grant management and compliance
• Act as a resource for project staff on sub awardee/sub-contract related issues.
The Grants Manager will:
• Provide support for all project sub awards and subcontract mechanisms/instruments including related financial management and regulatory compliance issues. Takes an initiative and action to quickly process, issue and monitoring of a large portfolio of sub awards and subcontracts totally $2-3 USD million per year.
• Plan and manage technical assistance support and guidance to project sub awardees and sub-contractors on grant management, compliance, sub award/sub-contract administrative and financial management, budget development, scope of work formulation and reporting to ensure subs are managing their grant and executing according to the agreed upon scope of work.
• Ensures sub awardee/subcontractor project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly. Must take the initiative to correct problems and resolve issues quickly and effectively in accordance with FHI360 grant management procedures.
• Oversee the timely completion and accuracy of monthly grant management reports and sub award/subcontract tracking. This includes the receipt of deliverables, expenditure pipeline analysis, compliance and other reports for submission to FHI 360 headquarters and funding agencies.
• Maintain adequate, managerial and grant management resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
• Ensure appropriate monitoring of subgrants to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
• Ensures all activities related to grant and financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360 and funders.
• Supervises the Grants Officer
• Ensures compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and sub project budget development.
• Assumes an active role in providing guidance, instruction and support to implementation partners in the formulation of their grants/contracts to ensure skills and competencies in grant management and compliance are executed effectively and systematic weaknesses are address and corrective action taken.
• Ensures project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
• Oversees and provide support to internal audit functions.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Finance and Operations.
• Bachelors Degree or is international equivalent in Accounting, Finance with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in grants and contract financial management and administration, preferably in a multi-partner context.
• Significant, demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
• Strong working knowledge of USAID award and financial management policies, procedures and practices.
• Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
• Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing a team required.
• Excellent communication skills in English and one or more local Ghanaian languages required
• Experience working with government of Ghana, international non-governmental organizations and local organizations required. Experience working with the Ghana Health Service strongly desired
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.