Deadline of this Job:
10 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
The Feed the Future Ghana Mobilizing Finance in Agriculture (MFA) Activity is a $19 million, USAID-supported project that aims to improve access to finance for agribusinesses in Ghana. To accomplish this, MFA will engage business advisory service providers to improve their capacity to support agribusinesses, as well as deploy incentives to financial institutions that expand their lending to agriculture. The finance facilitated will enable farmers to purchase agricultural inputs, boost production, invest in processing, or undertake other activities to expand their businesses. From 2020 to 2024, MFA will unlock $261 million in finance, driving sustainable agricultural lending and promoting inclusive growth.
The role of the Grants Assistant position is to support the Procurement and Grants team in all tasks related to monitoring Procurement and Grants management, including conducting competitions, monitoring technical GUCs and subcontracts, related compliance and reporting activities, due diligence, spot checks of sub-awardees and sub-award closeout. The Grants Assistant reports to the Procurement and Grants Expert.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Conduct pre-award due diligence/organizational assessments of bidders, including review of the bidder’s accounting and financial systems and internal controls
• Review grants/subcontracts financial reports and supporting documentation provided by recipients, and ensure that the financial information provided is accurate, complete, verifiable, reliable, in accordance with the grants agreement/subcontract, and meets the USAID and project’s financial reporting requirements.
• Recommend and provide instructions and guidance to award recipients to ensure that their accounting and financial systems and internal controls are in compliance with Project and USAID requirements, as needed.
• Answer questions from recipient organizations and provide clarification and guidance on preparation of grant/subcontract financial reports and supporting documentation, as needed
• Provide guidance to recipient organizations on USAID audit requirements
• Ensure sound financial management of grant funds/subcontracts
• Assist with the preparation of templates and report formats for grant/subcontract financial reporting
• Maintain grant/subcontract financial reporting files and documentation
• Participate in training sessions as appropriate
• Work closely with grantees/subcontractees to meet targets and timeframes, and ensure compliance for all grants/subcontracts.
• Support closeout of grants and subcontracts
• Any other tasks as required by the Chief of Party, the Deputy Chief of Party, Procurement and Grants Director, or Procurement and Grants Expert
• Demonstrated contracting and procurement experience especially with USAID-funded projects; Experience supporting Grant Under Contract (GUC) awards under USAID policies.
• Strong knowledge of USAID policies and procedures, specifically in grants, procurement, accounting, and financial compliance.
• Microsoft office suite proficiency and the ability to operate spreadsheet and word-processing programs at a highly proficient level
• Proactive problem-solving, decision-making, and good judgment skills
• Demonstrated ability and commitment to manage confidential information
• Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
• Ability to communicate effectively with managers, colleagues, service providers and clients
• Professional and mature demeanor and conduct
• Ghanaian nationals preferred.
• A degree or equivalent in finance, management, international development, business administration, social sciences, or related field
• At least three years of experience in a Grants role, preferably with USAID
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply please click here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.