Global Continuous Improvement Specialist at World Vision International
Jobs at:World Vision International
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: Monday, March 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• *Preferred position location: Accra, Ghana. Other possible locations Costa Rica or Philippines to be determined by home country of successful candidate.
• *Please submit your CV in English.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
• Our Promise calls us to action for Continuous Improvement:
• “Stewardship that results in a bias for action, Continuous Improvement and Innovation towards future challenges, clear value for money and every higher standards of efficiency.
• We continually ask ourselves how we could make each task simpler, faster, better and cost effective”.
• To achieve this, we must equip staff across the Partnership with the tools and understanding to systematically improve how they and their teams organize and implement their work. As Global Continuous Improvement Specialist, you will serve the entire organization, both teams and individual contributors, in fulfilling Our Promise by becoming a more agile and simpler organization. You will help teams and individual contributors to achieve higher levels of performance by increasing the value that they provide through helping them develop better products, processes and services. You will be a catalyst in releasing the latent potential to fulfill Our Promise.
• Engage with Field Offices, Support Offices and Global Centre, working with leaders, teams and individual contributors to provide mentoring, guidance, coaching, consulting and training in the area of Continuous Improvement.
• A lot of this engagement will take place within the scope of the specific Continuous Improvement programs we offer, or specific Kaizen Event session.
• Manage, improve and expand the day-to-day services linked to the certification programs that we have in place. This includes White Belt, Yellow Belt, Green Belt and Black Belt programs. Manage and improve the end-to-end processes linked to these programs (admission to certification).
• Finding better and more creative ways to sustain and expand our services. A good example could be exploring opportunities to bring volunteers to help us mentor some of the Yellow Belt candidates.
• Create and develop the right reporting systems to measure and track the progress and effectiveness of the Continuous Improvement efforts and the progress made in the development of the capacities associated with Continuous Improvement across the Partnership.
• Ensure that the information we report is accurate and continue to track and report this information on ongoing basis.
• Manage, sustain, improve and expand the Continuous Improvement knowledge infrastructure available through multiple channels such as team sites, eCampus training content, wvcentral, etc., to ensure that the use of the tools, content, training courses, etc. is maximized by various users across the partnership.
• Posting on some of those platforms, valuable information and increase the engagement of the members of those sites.
• Project manage programs designed to foster a culture of Continuous Improvement to increase awareness and to help individuals and leaders develop and strengthened the organization core competencies for staff and leaders, e.g., agile organization and improve and innovate.
• To facilitate Virtual Kaizen session with cross functional teams to help them better understand and apply the C.I. tools and resources available.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Experience with the application of Continuous Improvement tool in the context of a Christian Non-Profit organization.
• Deep appreciation for strategic operations in complexity and proven track record in developing approaches that simplify and streamline business processes.
• Identifies and analyses situations and/or issues, considers options, develops and decides on solutions, recommends and/or implements and monitors appropriate solutions.
• Experience designing, and implementing effective learning resources (training, learning tools, learning programs, etc.)
• Knowledgeable and comfortable with the use of technology. Reporting platforms, web applications, power bi, share point, media, learning platforms, virtual tools, zoom, teams, etc.
• Written Communication: Expresses ideas, thoughts, and concepts clearly and effectively in writing, using correct and appropriate grammar, organization and structure.
• English Language Proficiency: The ability to speak, understand and write fluently in English.
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, international development, engineering or related field. Proven record of the application of Continuous Improvement, principles, tools and methods (Lean Six Sigma), demonstrated by the implementation of Lean Six Sigma projects (DMAIC).
• Minimum certified Green Belt (ideally, certified Black Belt, or able to attain certification within a few months.)
• Experience mentoring, teaching, facilitating and mentoring others in the use and application of Continuous Improvement (Lean Six Sigma). Face to face and virtual settings.
• Preferred master degree in Education, MBA, Technology or other related fields.
• Agile methodologies.
• Knowledge Management/Change Management.
• The position requires ability and willingness to travel up to 20%.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please follow link: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/job/National-Office-Ghana/Global-Continous-Improvement-Specialist_R-000922/apply
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.