General Ledger Assistant
Jobs at:World vision
Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
General Ledger Assistant
Purpose Of Position:
To support transactional processes within the GL department, as detailed in the major responsibilities, as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, by ensuring the compliance of all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
• Upload / import journals including budget and actual transactions; adjustments and reversals; GEMS output files and all other journals.
• Clear split billing (59098) account on a regular basis, ensuring 0 balance on the 1st business day of the following month.
• Posting Journal transactions including budgets and allocation of the account.
• Support continuous improvement processes and the development of better tools to strengthen General Accounting operations including global initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
• Functional knowledge of general accounting standards and transactions recording.
• Desirable English communication (spoken and written).
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate at all levels.
• Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various transactional issues.
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including internal controls.
• Proficient in MS Office applications and any accounting ERP solutions.
• At least 6 months experience in General Ledger/Accounting.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Ability to promote teamwork in a virtual team environment.
• Teamwork spirit.
• Continuous Improvements knowledge.
• Organizational and effective time management skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 6
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To Submit an application, please click here.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.