General Ledger Accountant
Jobs at:Newmont Mining Corporation
Deadline of this Job:
18 November 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, November 03, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
About This Role:
• To manage the preparation and reconciliation of all items in the trial balance and ensure that financial reports are prepared accurately and timely.
• To serve as a go-to person for detailed financial accounting records.
In This Role You Will:
• Ensure accuracy of General Ledger (GL) Accounts
• Manage the GL accounts review process and liaise with other departments to close out any issues identified.
• Perform monthly analytical review of the financial statement and advise the Financial Reporting Manager of any exceptions.
• Manage the Balance Sheet reconciliation accounts and investigate issues in order to resolve them in a timely manner.
• Prepare analysis for monthly reporting to Newmont Corporate office.
Support Month/Quarter End Close
• Prepare quarterly reporting packages to assist Corporate Consolidation Team.
• Provide satisfactory variance explanations for the monthly Post-Close Call with Corporate Financial Reporting and accounting teams.
• Provide detailed and accurate comments for the quarterly Flux analyses for corporate and external auditors on a timely manner.
• Preparation of schedules and analysis to support financial reporting in accordance with month-end close schedule and preparation of schedules and analysis to support ad-hoc information request.
• Prepare monthly valuations of stockpile, in-process and finished goods in a manner consistent with all relevant accounting and Newmont polices.
• Assist with recording of journal entries for transactions, and supporting balances for entities in the Newmont Ghana Regional group with reference to U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (USGAAP) and relevant regulatory requirement.
Manage Intercompany Accounts and Relations
• Manage all Intercompany loans, payables and receivables; reconcile and agree all balances.
• Maintain relationship with all intercompany counterparties in Africa, Australia, North America and South America in order to ensure timely agreement of intercompany accounts.
• Accurately compute, settle and request payment for all interest on intercompany accounts.
• Review, agree and book all Intercompany charges; Management Fees, Technological and Know How Fees, European Gold Refinery Charges etc.
Support other functional areas with finance issues
• Effectively coordinate and manage regular and ad-hoc requests for support from other functional areas; Bank of Ghana Reporting, Transfer Pricing, Bench-Marking surveys, proper coding etc.
• Work closely with the regional subject matter expert to support SAP system testing.
Training & Experience:
• Formal Qualification (including Professional Registrations):
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
• CA, ACCA or CPA qualification.
• Knowledge of USGAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) is preferred.
• Knowledge of and work experience with Sarbanes Oxley (SOx) regulations is preferred.
• A minimum of 3 - 5 years’ accounting experience preferably in the mining industry.
• Excellent knowledge of computerized Global (GL) Systems.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills.
• Must have confidence to interact with corporate leaders.
• Strong leadership and management presentation skills.
• Strong computer literacy skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
• Demonstrated people management experience, the ability to work with internal and external partners, and experience with continuous improvement programs and integrated management systems.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.