General Ledger Accountant
Jobs at:World Vision International
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 19, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: World Vision International
Job type: Full-Time
Job category: Accounting Jobs in Ghana
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
To support transactional processes within the GL department, as detailed in the major responsibilities, as requested by customers, timely and correctly according to Month End and Year End calendar deliverables, by ensuring the compliance of all internal controls, Partnership Finance Manual and General Accounting principles.
• Prepare and analyze monthly Bank balance sheet account reconciliations.
• Prepare, analyze and follow up on Aging Analysis of Balance Sheet Account including monitoring of late balances.
• Prepare and analyze Pbas Reconciliation including monitoring budget commitments and informing FOs for subsequent adjustment.
• Prepare and analyze monthly 300 Accounts including monitoring of over 90days unreconciled items.
• Post all journal entries and adjustments, including GEMS, Accruals, and reclassification entries.
• Prepare and send a variety of reports, as needed by customers.
• Record and control of Direct Charges.
• Create Pre-Approval and Settlement Advice entries in SA Data base.
• Maintenance of SOPs and flow charts of GL processes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Bachelor´s degree with a major in accounting, finance, or business administration.
• Knowledgeable of general accounting standards, account reconciliations & analysis and period-end closing activities.
• Good command of written and spoken business English.
• Flexibility and ability to work on different aspects of the general ledger.
• A good knowledge of best practices within a project accounting environment and how to drive performance through better behaviors.
• Ability to perform and direct root cause analysis over various aspects of performance.
• Knowledge of technology; including data structure, analysis codes and business rules.
• Proficient in MS Office applications and/or any accounting ERP solutions
• Demonstrated strong work ethic and flexible hours as needed; ability to drive results and meet strict deadlines.
• Good knowledge and understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) including internal controls principles.
• At least one or more years of experience in General Ledger activities.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Knowledge on continuous improvements.
• Six Sigma certification preferred (yellow or green belt).
• Good analysis skills.
• Practical problem solving skills.
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with other team members.
• Flexibility to changing situations.
• Pro-active and innovative with ideas to improve processes/ services.
• Experience working within a Shared Service environment, preferable.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.