Jobs at:Premium Advisor Executive Search
Deadline of this Job:
23 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company Premium Advisor Executive Search
Job Status Permanent
Education University degree
Experience 10 years
Job Expires Jun 23, 2021
Our client is at the completion stage of the development of a major Container and Multipurpose Terminal at a Port in Ghana, which is expected to reach Commercial Operations by the end of the year. This terminal will become a principal location for the handling and temporary storage of Containers and General Cargo in Ghana. As part of the process, our client seeks to recruit very experienced, innovative and self-motivated senior resources to occupy the following position: Financial Controller
To manage the Company’s financial assets, anticipate and control financial risks, and ensuring the constant availability of accurate and current financial information and financial resources, in line with the Company’s business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provides overall guidance, leadership, and strategic direction in the executing of the Company’s accounting function and activities
• Co-ordinates and supervises the day-to-day activities of the finance function and ensure alignment with the company’s goals and objectives
• Prepares periodic finance related reports to the management, board of directors and, stakeholders such as lenders, and ensures that the statements reflect the Company’s financial position and comply with statutory and regulatory requirements and relevant accounting standards
• Ensures the development and implementation of finance and accounting policies, procedures, and processes in line with leading practices and accounting standards
• Develops effective financial controls and ensure compliance
• Manages interface between the Company and external auditors to ensure that the Company’s financial statements audits are completed on time
• Manages interface between the Company, its lenders and shareholders on all financial matters
• Ensures compliance with the Project’s Finance Documents, regularly updating the Project’s financial model, and issuing compliance certificates
• Ensures that the financial information systems technology infrastructure supports the Company objectives, and is well integrated into the financial management and controls
• Manages the preparation of financial reports, budgets, cost reports and financial outlooks and forecasts on a regular basis
Required Skills or Experience
• A University degree in Accounting, Finance or other relevant subject area. A Masters’ degree and professional qualifications will be an added advantage
• A minimum of 10 years experience in managerial position in Finance Department especially in port operation
• An extensive experience in setting-up and managing a finance and accounting function, including finance and accounting standards and practices, international and local tax & regulatory frameworks
• Hands on experience in financial planning and analysis
• Extensive experience in reporting requirements and managing international project finance loans
• Must have a professional finance qualification such as Certified Financial Analyst, etc.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local reporting standards
• Strong professional ethics, accountability and dependability
• Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
• A good experience in ports and/or infrastructure related projects
• Must be able to demonstrate strong leadership, influencing as well as negotiation skills.
• Must be able to exercise sound business judgment in order to set direction and establish priorities.
• Must have good presentations skills and have very excellent Microsoft suite skills.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.