Jobs at:Old Mutual
Deadline of this Job:
31 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 25, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Financial Accountant
• This role supports the Senior Financial Accountant and is responsible for preparing management reports, providing interpretation of financial data and predictive results. The incumbent is individually accountable for achieving results through others over periods of up to a year. You will report to the Senior Financial Accountant as per existing structure and may be amended from time to time.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assists the Senior Financial Accountant in the preparation of financial reports for a number of areas.
• Develops, reports and interprets cost drivers, KPI's and benchmarks.
• Provides commentary on financial results and implications and advises on corrective action to be taken.
• Interacts with business unit line managers on financial outcomes, expense trends, etc.
• Provides financial assistance to line managers.
• Assist in directing internal and external audits to ensure compliance
• Plan, assign and review work of more junior team members
• Support month-end and year-end close process
• Working Capital Management and Analysis
• Abreast with applicable International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local tax system Expert knowledge of excel and financial modelling.
• Maintains suitable financial control environment Analyses and reports on variances
• The person works with other team members to ensure operational and transactional Financial deliverables are met.
• Reviews current process to ensure they are streamlined and future fit to deliver on the customer expectations.
1. Personal Effectiveness
• Accountable for service delivery through own efforts.
• Individually accountable for managing own time, tasks and output quality over periods of 1 day to a maximum of three months.
• Makes increased contributions by broadening individual skills.
• Collaborates effectively with others to achieve personal results.
• Accepts and lives the company values
2. Financial Control
• Creates a healthy internal control environment to ensure safeguarding of assets & integrity of financial information.
• Monitors & reports on status of all control accounts in the business unit.
• Effects ongoing changes to internal controls as necessitated by changes in business and corporate governance.
3. Governance and Control
• Accountable for governance and compliance at an operational level.
• Provides advice on accounting policy and practice to senior and middle management.
• Ensures the effectiveness and appropriateness of the accounting processes utilised to fulfill the needs of the business.
Requirements: Skills, Qualifications and Experience required:
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited University
• Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience preferably in the Insurance field
• Chartered Accountant Preferred
• Technical knowledge
• Relationship Management
• Initiating action
• Microsoft Excel skills
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.