Finance and Support Services Manager
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, May 03, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a Finance and Support Services Manager to join our team to oversee the management of the Sightsavers Finance and Administration at the Ghana Country Office. Reporting to the Country Director you will be responsible for monitoring the country resource management and identifying risks or issues. The Finance and Support Services Manager will develop or propose solutions to financial or support related problems and will assess consistency and quality of financial management in collaboration with colleagues.
This is an involved role and under the supervision of the Country Director, the Finance and Support Services Manager (FSSM) will be in charge of:
• Ensuring competent financial management and risk mitigation by ensuring compliance with local regulations and adhering to the organisational Financial Framework with specific respect to implementation of: financial management and controls; financial planning and budgeting; financial monitoring and audits; monitoring and retaining accurate financial records.
• Leading in support services to the country office through managing logistics of procurement of supplies, delivering or overseeing administrative functions i.e. payroll and ensuring IT equipment functions effectively all in line with organisational policies and procedures.
• Working collaboratively with programme and finance teams to support and strengthen the financial management, accountability and capacity building of partners.
• Supporting finance and programme teams with joint review of programme/project reports, planning and analysis
• Supporting proper financial and resource management of programmes with the joint review of project planning and monitoring reports, auditing of funds provided, analysis of programme delivery and grant management reporting.
Qualifications and experience:
• Relevant professional working experience, or an accounting qualification or degree (eg CPA/ ACCA/ MBA) in Finance/Accounting.
• Extensive working experience ideally gained in an INGO environment, but the experience of audit and government organisations would also be advantageous
• Extensive experience in financial management, programme/ project management and administration
• Project financial management, budget and data analysis skills
• Strong experience in grant management (for example EC, FCDO, Irish Aid or USAID)
• Excellent communication skills (both oral & written)
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
How to apply
To apply, please complete an online application in English via our recruitment portal. As an equal opportunities employer we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted shortly after the closing dates.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.