Finance and Operations Director
Deadline of this Job:
14 June 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, June 01, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Location Tamale, Ghana
Job Status Full-time
Education Master’s Degree
Experience 10 years
Job Expires Jun 14, 2021
Finance and Operations Director, USAID Resilience in Northern Ghana II (RING II)
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) seeks highly qualified and accomplished public health leaders and providers for the anticipated United States Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded Resilience in Northern Ghana II (RING II)). If awarded to JSI, this five-year program will be led by JSI with other international and Ghanaian organizations, in partnership with National and sub-National entities in the Government of Ghana. If awarded, JSI will coordinate and provide technical assistance and training to support the Government of Ghana to achieve its stated health, agriculture and nutrition goals, with a focus on increasing demand for improved agriculture, nutrition and health practices and services in communities throughout Northern Ghana.
The RING II Project Finance and Operations Director will be a full-time position based in Tamale, Ghana. The Director will be responsible for overseeing project finance, operational, and sub- grant management, supply chain management support and procurement. S/he will ensure that financial systems and internal controls are in place and comply with the standard US Government and JSI/HQ policy and procedures, making sure that the project is audit ready at all times. The Director will provide management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities. The Director of Finance and Operations will report to the Chief of Party and will receive technical oversight from the Finance Manager (Backstop) of the Care Continuum project in Boston, USA. The Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) will supervise the Finance, Information, Communication Technology (ICT), Procurement and Grants units of the project directly. Also you will provide support to the Human Resource and Administration unit as and when required.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties
• Provide financial management and administration of the contract, and management support and oversight in the implementation of project activities
• Coordinate with the COP to ensure that strategic and periodic budgets and forecasts are prepared and submitted in a timely fashion.
• Ensure the complete documentation and accountability of all financial transactions and preparation and closing of monthly field accounts
• Preparing and presenting project Pipeline Analysis on regular basis to the Senior Management Team for discussion
• Oversee sub-grant management to local partners, including a grants management database
• Support the development of budgets, conduct budget flexibility analysis, costing of work-plans and assignment of expense codes for use by program staff in the implementation of activities.
• Oversee project procurement operations and procedures
• Oversee Finance and Administrative compliance related capacity building activities undertaken with CSO partners
• Oversee granting and financial support to local partners,
• Collaborate with JSI Home Office to ensure accurate and timely financial information is presented to the donor.
• Ensure the management and compliance of the contract is in line with financial requirements for USAID, JSI and the laws of the GOG.
• Support in implementation of all policies and procedures of JSI, both local and global.
• Provide training and/or guidance to staff on financial controls and operational systems
• Support the COP and the team in responding to Financial and performance audits as and when necessary
• Perform any other duty as assigned by the COP.
Required Skills or Experience
• A master’s degree in business administration, finance, accounting, or other relevant field, or a bachelor’s or certified accounting degree with 10 years or more of experience
• A minimum of eight years of experience in administrative and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs, with a minimum of two years overseas.
• Demonstrated senior-level experience working with USAID funded activities.
• Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and/or experiences in all aspects of operations, including accounting, financial planning and management, and procurement, among other management support areas/functions, as required.
• Demonstrated supervisory experience and excellent interpersonal skills
• Demonstrated experience and skills in developing and managing large budgets.
• Extensive experience in developing and managing a donor-funded grants program.
• Proven skills in operations, including accounting, financial management, statutory compliances, Tax Laws and regulations and human resources
• Based in Tamale with ability to frequently travel to remote areas in Northern Ghana.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 96
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Qualified persons are required to send their cover letter and Curriculum Vitae (CV) marked ‘Finance and Operations Director to: Ghana.firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for the submission of applications: June,14 2021.
John Snow, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.