Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:mothers2mothers (m2m)
Deadline of this Job:
20 October 2021
Date Posted: Friday, October 08, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Finance and Administration Officer is responsible for the recording and reconciliation of all financial transactional data of the Country Office including review and code financial information; prepare and process documents to disburse funds, make deposits; compile and review information for accuracy; maintain records and HR process support. Working closely with the Ghana team to support project activates. Reports to the Technical Specialist.
Key Performance Areas:
Purchasing and Navigator Processing
• Enter all invoices into the Accounting system and allocate them against purchase orders
• Coordinate and manage the process to setup new suppliers in the accounting system and dealing with supplier queries regarding payments
• Maintain and update supplier information and do relevant background checks and terrorist/debarment checks
• Ensure that direct debits payment are checked to supporting documentation and correctly recorded in the accounting system
• To ensure monthly payment reports are produced for the cash flow analysis
• Maintain an updated list of preferred vendors for the office
Managing staff and vendor accounts
• Process travel requisitions and related staff advances
• Enter staff expenses into the accounting system (Reimbursements and/or advance liquidations)
• Timely payments to suppliers, payments done within 30 days of receipt of invoice
• Run the creditor report at month-end
• Conducting providing a rigorous review of Country Office and Site staff liquidations and ensuring that there is a system in place for timely staff liquidations complete with feedback loops for review and comments
Cashbook management and Reconciliations
• Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for the main operating account for submission to the Head Office Finance team
• Manage the petty cash process and balance petty cash monthly
• Prepare monthly reconciliations of payables, payroll, accruals and prepayment control accounts
• Ensure that internal bank transfers are correctly managed
• Follow up on reconciling items above and pass correcting entries where necessary
Month-end and year –end close activities, budgeting & reporting
• Liaise with Head Office finance and support services unit to close the month-end in time and conduct relevant reconciliations
• Preparation of the operational budget in conjunction with the Head Office team. Review of budgets for the office on Navigator and Adaptive systems.
Administration Support, HR and Asset management
• Conduct capacity building activities for site staff to build their capacity for carrying out basic admin tasks at Site level including Leave Management, Inventories etc
• Ensure timely submission of timesheets from the team (site and office staff)
• Ensure timely submission of all statutory deductions for Ghana
• Provide logistics support to the program staff on trainings/workshops
• Support administrative assistant to manage and implement a robust filing system for the Country Program for all documentation
Supportive Project Management
• Support for Implementation of and oversight of in country Finance, Procurement, Travel and Vehicle policies
• Support with the retrieval of financial data during audits
• Support proposal development budgets and narratives as needed
• Conduct monthly supportive supervision site visits to ensure that MMs have the support needed to effectively managed Finance and admin tasks related to their work
Qualification Required & Experience
• Recognized Accounting/Business degree
• CPA qualification is required
• Minimum of 5 years of work experience in Programme Financial Leadership and leading complex health portfolios
• Experience in designing, establishing, and managing Finance and Administration support systems for ensuring Program Finance quality
• Focused and versatile team player that is comfortable under pressure, with a high level of Integrity, professionalism and transparency, Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to manage competing tasks; ability to prioritize and produce high level output consistently
• Coaching and mentoring skills coupled with the ability to stimulate teams to support them to develop in key areas to ensure that performance is optimized and their ability to fulfil their roles is maximized
• Passion, drive and originality in the workplace and the ability to contribute innovative ideas, handle risks and make recommendations in Financial Management to ensure programs are at the forefront of the latest thinking and approaches in program work.
• Solid organizational skills including accuracy, consistency, attention to detail, tenacity and the ability to work well and productively under pressure to manage multiple Finance tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present Finance data to diverse audiences (externally and internally)
• Skills in monitoring project burn rates closely with the project teams to ensure that spending in the projects are consistent with the budgets and are on time
• Team building skills and the ability to problem-solve difficult issues, multitask with ease, and adapt to changing priorities coupled with excellent facilitation and
• Strong project financial management skills, coupled with deadline management and a high sense of responsibility and accountability in addition to the ability to effectively multi-task.
• Proficiency and in-depth experience and knowledge in the design, preparation, implementation and management of multi-year Program Budgets in Health/RMNCH/HIV/AIDS, ECD and Child Protection/ Livelihoods and Economic Strengthening complete with Budget Narratives
• Demonstrated ability prepare for and support/lead Country level Finance Resource Review meetings
• In-depth experience in reviewing proposal budgets and facilitating training in proposal budget development and grant writing
• Demonstrated ability to build capacity of Country Office and Site staff in Finance and Administration core skills needed to be effective
• Detailed oriented individual with eye for details and demonstrated written, presentation, communication and organizational skills in English.
• Excellent knowledge of Finance systems development, best practices and innovations
• Demonstrated strength in enhancing Finance and Administration systems and structures in line with the changing programme implementation landscapes for quality outcomes
• Cultural sensitivity and ability to effectively engage participants of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Dynamic, innovative, results and action oriented leader with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills and experience managing human resources
• Strategic thinker with strong business and analytical skills.
• High ability to work independently with minimal supervision and sound decision making.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.