Finance and Administration Officer
Jobs at:Lively Minds
Deadline of this Job:
16 May 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, May 05, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Lively Minds
Job Status: Fixed Term
Salary: 37570 GHS
Education: Bachelor̵s Degree
Experience: 3 years
Job Expires: May 16, 2021
Lively Minds, an award-winning NGO, is partnering with Ghana Education Services (GES) to roll-out an innovative, early childhood development programme. We are hiring in Ghana to support our exciting plans to scale the programme to 60 districts, in 8 regions. To find out more about our programme, please visit www.livelyminds.org.
Lively Minds is looking for a Finance and Administration Officer to join our lively, global finance team in July 2021. The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for handling and recording financial transactions, maintaining accurate accounts and monitoring and escalating any financial risks and issues in a timely manner.
The successful candidate must be assertive, values driven and risk averse with an understanding of the importance of compliance and regulation. For a detailed understanding of the role and person criteria, please see the Job Description on our website: www.livelyminds.org/jobs-finance-administration-officer. .
Required Skills or Experience
Essential experience and skills
• Bachelor’s degree in commerce, administration or economics; or ICA GH Part II; or equivalent.
• 3+ years’ experience in an accounting or finance role.
• Extensive understanding of accounting principles and local financial regulations/laws.
• Strong quality focus and able to keep accurate financial records and reports from incomplete records.
• Hands-on practical experience of bank reconciliations.
• Self-starter who is able to work with limited supervision.
• Experience of liaising with professional specialists responsible for risk management and co-ordinating financial records, reports and controls.
• Able to uphold and enforce financial protocols and demonstrate utmost accountability.
• Able to manage and coach others.
• Technically literate – basic user of MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and MS Teams and able to adapt to and learn new tech systems easily.
Desirable experience and skills
• Experience of working with remote teams.
• Experience of working in the NGO sector.
• Good user of Xero, Quick Books or similar accounting software.
You will be expected to perform against the Lively Minds Competencies.
Job Skills : Not Specified
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please download an Application Form from our website: www.livelyminds.org/jobs-finance-administration-officer. To apply, send the completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org before the deadline.
Deadline for applications: 11:59pm Sunday 16th May 2021.
To identify the right candidate, we have created a two-stage recruitment process:
• Stage 1: Short-listed candidates will be asked to undertake a remote, written assessment.
• Stage 2: Successful candidates from Stage 1 will be asked to attend an assessment day.
• 24th May 2021 (remote).
• 11th June 2021 in Techiman.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.