Finance and Admin Officer (Ghana JET)
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Finance and Admin Officer (Ghana JET)
About Palladium - Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with governments, businesses, and investors to solve the world's most pressing challenges. With a team of more than 3,000 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of over 35,000 experts, we help improve economies, societies and, most importantly, people's lives.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion - We welcome applications from all sections of society and actively encourage diversity to drive innovation, creativity, success and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce; and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment regardless of their background or personal characteristics. These include: (but are not limited to) socio-economic background, age, race, gender identity, religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability, nationality, veteran, marital or Indigenous status.
Should you require any adjustments or accommodations to be made due to a disability or you are a neurodivergent individual or any other circumstance, please email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding - We define Safeguarding as “the preventative action taken by Palladium to protect our people, clients and the communities we work with from harm”. We are committed to ensuring that all children and adults who come into contact with Palladium are treated with respect and are free from abuse. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced selection process including safeguarding-focused interviews and a rigorous due diligence process.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Palladium is seeking a Finance and Admin Officer for the newly started Jobs for Economic Transformation in Ghana (JET) Programme, funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). The programme is FCDO Ghana’s flagship investment-led job creation programme that will help Ghana transition away from aid dependence in line with the GoG “Ghana beyond Aid” strategy. It seeks to leverage increased investments into the manufacturing and industrial sectors, and introduce new technology and management capabilities, increasing the capabilities of the workforce generating formal employment and economic diversification.
The Finance and Admin Officer will:
Support the Grants Manager in the oversight, management and administration of all funded grants. This will involve financial, communication and compliance management.
Support the Programme Manager and Programme Associate in financial and operational management of the programme. This will involve financial and operational management.
• Act as the first point of contact for applicants, managing all communication (confirmation receipt, notify successful and unsuccessful applicants).
• Support the Grants Manager throughout the grant implementation to perform Due Diligence on potential grantees such that the team can take the necessary care, attention and discretion prior signing grant agreements and during the implementation. These include:
• Support in ensuring adequate and transparent governance structures, and robust and reliable financial internal controls,
• Support in assessing the capacity of grantees and subcontractors to effectively implement actions to strengthen their administrative and financial management systems,
• Support in performing spot check visits and compile visit reports,
• Support in identifying projects in extreme risk markets that require enhanced due diligence,
• Collate and verify all documents received (e.g. references, background checks, etc.).
• Support on confirming eligibility of grantees.
• Contribute to the review of all proposed budgets and project activities during the proposal stage to assess each applicant’s capacity to utilize budgets in the project time frame and ensure that all budgets are compliant with the guidelines set for the round.
• Review final workplans, evidence requirements and budgets with successful applicants.
• Contribute to and prepare the grant allocation, disbursements, and forecast schedules, as required.
• Support in tracking all financial disbursements to grantees.
• Support in training all grantees on the grant reporting requirements and the use of the reporting templates.
• Contribute to identifying risks and maintaining a risk dashboard highlighting potential risks and issues (operational, fiduciary and reputational) and mitigation plans (e.g. additional reporting, audits, etc.) for each grant.
• Review of grant reports to ensure accuracy and completion of activities and KPIs against proposals, timelines and project plans, and request additional information if necessary.
• Collect end of grant reports (project and financial).
• Ensure that goods and services are purchased by each grantee according to Palladium Procurement policy and guidelines.
• Ensure integration of Palladium’s operation systems and processes in Program’s office.
• Ensure internal and donor procedures, policies and guidelines are followed.
• Oversee database and file management for administration, procurement, logistics and human resources documents.
• Ensure that contracts and business transactions/relationships are transparent and in compliance with local law and Company/donor policies.
• Support partners’ operational and finance procedures related to the Program.
• Finance and Compliance Management
• Ensure compliance with donor and Company’s regulations.
• Support in day-to-day financial management, budgeting and forecasting for the Program.
• Support in external programme audits.
• Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies in consultation with HQ teams.
• Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
• Develop and manage strong working relationships with project partners and other stakeholders.
• Develop strong working relationships and a regular dialogue on project progress and challenges with the Palladium team working on the project.
• Performing any other duties reasonably required by the Grants Manager and Programme Manager.
• Recent experience in an administrative role,
• Demonstrated financial acumen and experience with budget management,
• Strong attention to detail and diligent approach to compliance matters,
• Experience supporting Managers and Senior Managers in project delivery,
• A positive team work ethic, and supportive attitude,
• Experience communicating with different audiences and ability to adjust tone accordingly,
• Interest in International Development and/or private sector development would be an advantage,
• Confident working with IT systems, including databases and Microsoft Excel,
• Experience of working on FCDO grants will be preferred.
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.