Deadline of this Job:
15 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, September 29, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
USAID Partnership for Education: Learning (Learning) is a nine-year, $91,675,564.00 million activity aligned with USAID’s global goal of “all children reading” that supports Ghana's Ministry of Education (MOE), Ghana Education Service (GES), and affiliated institutions to improve reading performance for early grade pupils. Learning, implemented by FHI 360, has worked to achieve this aim through the Early Grade Reading Program (EGRP), Transition to English (T2E) program, the National Reading Radio Program (NRRP), and the Transition to English Plus program
To provide accounting and finance support for the Learning project and perform diversified accounts payable functions following varied standardized procedures and accounting practices.
Key Finance Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and maintain accurate payment procedures whiles determining propriety and accuracy of all expenditures.
• Review of Vendor invoices and payment through the accounting systems Liaise with procurement team on supporting documentation for PO payments.
• Ensure smooth and timely flow of all payments on related procurement expenditures on the learning project.
• File all payment documents with accurately for easy access Preparation of Advances for project activities and staff travels.
• Review of mobile numbers and Mobile Money payments to participants of programs and activities Preparation of Journals and entry into accounting systems Handling reconciliations (Bank/Mobile Money/Advances)
• Assure completeness of supporting documentation and accuracy of entries for financial reporting on standardized forms.
• Maintain accurate and complete accounting records and audit information Monitors invoice information entered in the accounts payable system.
Expertise And Complexity:
• Knowledge of basic accounting including General Ledger and office procedures Excellent understanding and use of mobile money payment platforms Interpret financial information and reports.
• Use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities.
• Familiarity in an automated accounting environment with the use of database spreadsheets.
• Effective team player Verbal, written and editing skills Relevant computer software skills, particularly Microsoft Office Perform detailed-oriented work with high level of accuracy.
• Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis
• A degree in Finance, Accounting or related field,
• Minimum three years of progressive working experience in Finance in related organizations.
• Excellent written skills in English.
• Knowledge of USAID Rules and Regulations including cost principles.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel.
• Work independently with initiative to manage high volume workflow.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply; Please click here
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.