Deadline of this Job:
31 October 2021
Date Posted: Wednesday, October 20, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
• Reports to: Head, Finance, and IT or any other as may be delegated.
• Main Relationships: Finance and IT Officer, Operations Manager, Project Officers, Consultants, Partners, Finance interns and volunteers.
General Role Summary
The Finance Officer works in collaboration with other finance staff to support the Head of Finance and IT to ensure that GrowthAid operates within a healthy financial environment and meets all of its obligations and accountabilities on time. The position holder supports to establish, operate, and maintain good financial systems and controls. In addition, he/she supports the conduct and management of audits, prepares donor and operational budgets, and facilitates procurements. The Finance Officer is responsible for the day-to-day management of financial transactions and procedures in line with organizational policies and principles.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• In collaboration with other finance staff, ensure that accurate records for all daily transactions are kept in the right format and place.
• Prepare balance sheets and other reports as may be required.
• Process invoices in support of payments as may be required.
• Review/record accounts payable and accounts receivable in line with organizational policies, and standards.
• Ensure that the financial system is always up to date with financial data.
• Manage petty cash
• Perform any other accounting duty that may arise from time to time.
• Ensure that all banking transactions are done on time with very minimum risk and in line with organisational policies.
• In collaboration with other finance staff, support the HoF to reconcile bank statements.
• Work with Operations and Business Development teams to prepare all budgets that may be required.
• Support the HoF to routinely review and recommend the revision of banking policies and support in
implementing same within the organization.
• Treasury management and reporting.
• Ensure that petty cash is managed in line with organisational policies and practices.
Auditing, Financial Management and Reporting
• Support the preparation of month end/quarterly financial reports.
• Support both the conduct and management of internal and external audit processes.
• Provide support to the HoF to implement all audit recommendations.
• Prepare and submit monthly management and donor reports to SMT.
Grant Management and Compliance.
• Support the Operations team to meet programme management requirements.
• Enforce compliance with national, organisational and donor conditions within the Country Programme.
• In collaboration with the Operations team, support the effective management of grants by ensuring that all grant conditions (including procurement, reporting and extensions) are met.
• In collaboration with the operations team, ensure that routine grant monitoring mechanisms (like monthly and quarterly budget meetings) are held and actions implemented.
• Ensure documentation and filing of project activities are done in compliance with GrowthAid’s policies and procedures.
Teamwork and People Management
• Support the HoF to create and sustain a healthy finance team environment of mutual respect and accountability where team members strive to achieve excellence.
• Provide team members with capacity-building support, information, tools, and other resources to improve performance and achieve team/organizational objectives.
• Provide support to volunteers, interns and other staff as may be necessary.
• As part of our commitment to organisational learning and in support of our understanding that organisational learning is more effective, efficient, and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time learning activities that benefit GrowthAid as well as themselves.
Required Skills or Experience
• A degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics with at least three years of post-qualification experience.
• A professional qualification such as ICA, ACCA, and ICMA in lieu of experience.
• A solid knowledge of financial and accounting procedures
• Experience in using financial software like QuickBooks, Vision, GAS etc
• Advanced MS Excel skills
• Knowledge of financial and tax regulations
• Excellent analytical and numerical skills
• Strong ethics, with an ability to manage confidential data.
• Honesty and integrity are desired attributes in this role.
• Multitasking and ability to work under pressure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.