Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Locations: Accra, Ghana
The Finance Officer will provide financial management support for the USAID-funded Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project at the FHI-360 country office. The Accelerating Social and Behavior Change project will work with Ghana Health Service/Health Promotion Division, District Health Management Teams, Community Health Management teams, local non-governmental organizations, community organizations, USAID and others, etc. to achieve accelerate the uptake and performance of key health behaviors such as malaria, maternal and child health (MNCH), nutrition, water and sanitation (WASH), and family planning( FP) and reproductive health (RH) nationally and in targeted districts in northern Ghana.
The Finance Officer will provide routine accounting, finance, and related administrative support to the project team in functional areas including budgeting, budget analysis, project accounting, banking, accounts payable and receivable, and any financial/administrative functions assigned.
• Provide accounting support for one or more functions to include organization and maintenance of accounts, general ledger entries and management, financial management, record keeping, internal and external communication with sub-contractors/grantees and related financial management.
• Organize and maintain filing system.
• Perform other administrative and secretarial duties as assigned.
• Monitor and update fixed assets register for the office
• Contribute to financial reporting for donors and FHI360 management
• Ensure financial actions are effectively implemented
• Maintain journal entries of transfers and receipts. Generate Account Payable and Journal Vouchers. Correspond with vendors as appropriate. Maintain accurate and complete accounting records.
Expertise and Complexity:
• Knowledge of basic accounting and office procedures. Report to supervisor on variances and status on regular basis. Use judgment to execute duties and responsibilities. Ability to maintain accurate and complete accounting records. Knowledge of computerized accounting systems. Effective team player. Verbal and organizational skills.
• BA or related advanced degree in Accounting, Finance with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in grants and contract financial management and administration, preferably in a multi-partner context.
• Experience in managing donor funds.
• Knowledge of USAID award and financial management policies, procedures and practices.
• Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
• Excellent communication skills in English and one or more local Ghanaian languages required
• Experience working with government of Ghana, international non-governmental organizations and local organizations required. Experience working with the Ghana Health Service strongly desired.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link the link below to apply for the job on the company website
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.