Jobs at:world vision
Deadline of this Job:
03 September 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, August 26, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
To maintain various systems for reporting compliance in Sunsystem and gems in line with WVI financial management Policies and procedures. This Position will also provide financial information for decision making to enhance effectiveness and reduce risk whilst promoting wise stewardship. Furthermore the position also demonstrates and promotes World Vision’s Christian ethos and Core Values.
% of time Activity
20% Disbursement Process
• Review all payments requests relating to procurement and advances to ensure they comply with finance procedures and WVI standards and & load payments for advances & staff refunds.
• Ensure monthly statutory payments are made on time and allocated in Sun6.
• Check all payments requisition for funds availability against the monthly Budget vs Actual monthly report and if projects are closed or active. Monitor actual departments’ expenditure against approved budget line items and alert management to any irregularities.
• Develop appropriate and effective tools and processes to measure and document payment lead time and reduce lead time with using business process improvement methodology.
10% Internal Controls
• Assist NO level strategic resource allocation among Technical programmes and CESP as a part of NO Strategy
• Monitor and implement the established checks and controls in the National office Procurements and in line with the WVI procurement policy and budget guidelines.
• Coaching and training of stakeholders in budget analysis and review
• Review, revise and post Departmental budget requests into Sun6 and provide reports on a monthly and quarterly basis in line with the overall WVI Ghana budget.
• Support department to ensure availability of resources to implement planned activities
• Key contact for departmental budget review
• Key user of Sun6 reporting for NO
20% Manage Modification and Update in Sunsystem
• Update the Chart of Accounts with any new subaccounts, analysis codes both T and A codes including LEAP 3 elements for TA and TPs as may be required from time to time.
• Make accounts reversals in the database in hand with account allocations to correct captured data for use in other procedures and to ensure that the data follows the prescribed data entry guidelines
• Perform ledger revaluation to even out foreign exchange differences in the financial reports.
• Monitor data amendments by the Regional Accountants during report preparation.
• Liaise with FRSC CAL Shared team to ensure that Cost allocation is run on monthly Basis.
• Analyse, Identify and implement areas of improvement in sunsystem processes.
15% Financial Reporting
• Generate all Departmental Reports for the budget holders’ review and revision on monthly basis.
• Prepare Aging report for all the assets accounts on WVI, Ghana Balance Sheet in accordance with WVI FM.
• Prepare Deposit Vouchers (DPL& DPU) timely and in line with WV Policy
• Ensure NO Reporting Package is generated on weekly basis for Operations team and in Compliance with financial reporting standards in Sunsystem.
• Generate and Load Monthly FRSC Ledger Extract Report on FFR database.
• Develop appropriate and effective tools to improve reporting in regard to improving efficiency, quality and reduce risks.
Ensure timely reconciliation of Unrestricted Bank accounts including: Account 120-10, 120-11 & 120-12 in GL with bank statements and ensure that all reconciling items are resolve timely
• Facilitate internal and external audit staff to conduct annual financial audit in Finance reporting and Sunsytems.
• Implement Audit recommendations within 90 days after the Audit.
10% Capacity Building in Sunsystem
• Ensure that new users are train in Ghana Sunsystem database by providing on the job training on Sunsystem/Info Query & Analysis
• Install Sunsystem (VPN and RDP) for the new finance officers.
• Basic Sun operations - Ledger Entry, Ledger Import, Journal held listing, Account allocation, etc.
• Importing, extracting data in Infor Q&A
• Generating reports using Infor Q&A
• Analysis using pivot tables
• Journal review completeness checks
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.