Deadline of this Job:
30 August 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Job title: Finance Officer
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Every day, approximately 334,800 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to a single vision: to be the standard of excellence, while working towards one purpose – to make an impact that matters.
In Ghana, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services organisations, specialising in providing Consulting, Audit, Tax & Regulatory, Business Process Solutions, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services.
As part of our offerings, our Consulting team provides recruitment services on behalf of our clients.
About Our Client – Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund
The Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund (“the Fund” or “GIIF”) is a corporate body wholly owned by the Republic of Ghana and established pursuant to the Ghana Infrastructure Investment Fund Act, 2014, Act 877. The Fund’s mandate is to mobilize, manage, coordinate, and provide financial resources for investment in a diversified portfolio of infrastructure projects in Ghana for national development.
The Fund seeks qualified professionals to join their team. Through a system of integrated and internally consistent policies the Fund will undertake the following:
• Attract and retain a workforce with the requisite skill mix, have a sense of professionalism, well-motivated and capable of achieving the mission, goals, and objectives of the Fund.
• Achieve sustained high levels of performance through people by motivating them through incentives, rewards, leadership, and promotional opportunities as well as personal development opportunities.
We are seeking a Finance Officer to Implement approved financial and management accounting systems, policies and procedures to facilitate the operations of GIIF.
Reports To: Senior Finance Manager
Direct Reports: Account Clerk
Division: Finance & Administration
• Senior Manager/Finance
• Finance Team
• Ministry of Finance
• Controller & Accounting General’s Department
• Ghana Revenue Authority
• Financial Institutions/Banks
• Service Providers
• Implement approved Accounting/Financial Policies, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), work plans in managing the Finance Department to achieve set targets.
• Vet payment vouchers and process through the General Ledger for approval/payment.
• Reconcile balance sheet items and/or General Ledger for review by Superior Officers.
• Set-up employees on approved Computerized Accounting System.
• Process for payment employees’ benefits entitlements in line with approved conditions of service.
• Process monthly payroll for Staff for review and approval and prepare monthly payroll reports.
• Supervise the preparation of monthly bank reconciliation statements.
• Maintain accounts receivables and process invoices for payments in line with laid down policies/procedures.
• Prepare SSNIT, VAT and PAYE returns for payment to statutory Institutions.
• Maintain and update data into appropriate Accounting Software for all payment vouchers and journals.
• Vet Petty Cash claims and initiate action for payment in line with laid down procedures.
• Disburse petty cash/imprest to Divisions/Departments as assigned.
• Maintain and update records of all accounting transactions with all accounts.
• Maintain professional relationships with Financial Institutions/Banks, External Auditors and other stakeholders in the area of financial management.
• Stay abreast with legislations, rules/regulations, financial laws and international best practices in Financial Management.
• Provide support to external auditors during annual audit activities.
• Gather data/information to facilitate the preparation of the annual Budget of GIIF.
• Collate data/information for the preparation of monthly/quarterly financial reports (i.e. Income Statements, Balance Sheet, etc.) and prepare any other report relating to job function.
• Implement the budget of the Finance Department in line with approved guidelines.
• Prepare variance analysis of revenue and expenditure against approved budget.
• Perform any other duty(s) assigned by superiors.
• Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent professional qualification in related field.
• Three (3) years relevant working experience.
Knowledge & Skills
• Good working knowledge of accounting in accordance with IFRS and other standards and related regulations.
• Ability to assess financial statements and budget documents.
• Knowledge and experience in financial forecasts and analysis.
• Knowledge/understanding of tax laws and related regulations.
• Good planning and organising skills.
• Knowledge/understanding of national and global issues relating to investments.
• Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Absolute confidentiality in handling/dealing with information/data.
• Negotiation, persuasion and conflict management skills.
• Good communication, presentation and report writing skills.
• Ability to maintain professional relationships with internal and external stakeholders and work effectively with all categories of employees.
• Good knowledge in project management.
• Good knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office, Internet and other accounting software and tools.
• Supervisory and interpersonal skills in a "team" setting.
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance.
Applications from all qualified individuals should be sent by COB 30 August 2021.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.