Jobs at:FHI 360
Deadline of this Job:
27 December 2021
Date Posted: Monday, December 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Locations: Accra, Ghana
The Finance Manager will support financial management for the USAID Accelerating Social and Behavior Change Project in the Ghana country office. Responsibilities include monitoring of projects finances, preparing project budgets, managing financial reporting to clients, ensuring adherence to funder rules and regulations, coordinating with headquarters on financial information, providing financial technical assistance to develop the capacity of FHI 360 partner organizations and entities in the country, and acting as a resource for project staff on finance-related issues. The Finance Manager will:
• Provides support for the project’s financial management areas including, accounting, travel, payments, reporting systems and procedures.
• Manages project budgets in accordance with the approved annual budget and monitors the expenditures on an on-going basis.
• Oversees the timely completion and accuracy of monthly financial reports prepared for submission to Project Senior Leadership.
• Oversees the management and reporting of cost share and ensures that FHI 360 achieves the results of which it is responsible for under the donor agreement.
• Oversees the maintenance of adequate financial resources in-country to support monthly program operations and subproject reimbursements.
• Ensures appropriate monitoring of sub-grantees to achieve financial, administrative, and programmatic goals.
• Ensures all activities related to financial management are carried out in conformance with policies and procedures established by FHI 360 and funders.
• Ensures project budgets, accounting, and fiscal control procedures are implemented effectively and compliantly.
• Ensures compliant pre-award audit of new implementation agencies and subproject budget development.
• Ensures monitoring and review of subproject financial reports in compliance with subproject budgets and FHI 360 policies.
• Ensures project resources are utilized in accordance with applicable FHI 360 and donor policies and procedures.
• Contributes to resource development efforts; participates in proposal development process.
• Oversees and may provide support to internal audit functions.
• Oversees and ensures quality financial operations throughout the project and participates and contributes to the overall mission of FHI 360.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Bachelor's Degree or it's international equivalent in Accounting, Finance with a minimum of 5 years’ experience in financial management and administration, preferably in a regional and/or multi-partner context.
• Demonstrated experience in managing donor funds.
• Strong working knowledge of USAID financial management policies, procedures and practices.
• Must have demonstrable hands-on experience with an accounting system and high-degree of competency in MS Excel and other accounting packages.
• Demonstrated experience in supervision and managing a team required.
• Excellent communication skills in English required and proficiency in another language an added advantage.
• Experience working with government of Ghana, international non-governmental organizations and local organizations required. Experience working with the Ghana Health Service strongly desired.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 60
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Use the link below to apply for the job at the company website
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.