Jobs at:ActionAid Ghana
Deadline of this Job:
15 July 2022
Date Posted: Thursday, July 07, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ActionAid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid Ghana (AAG), an Affiliate of ActionAid is looking to employ experienced and self-motivated individuals to fill the following positions:
• To coordinate financial management functions of the Accra Office and to ensure compliance with financial accountability responsibilities of ActionAid Ghana.
(List the major responsibilities the job holder is expected to perform)
• Supervise the processing of all transactions to ensure compliance with the LFPPM
• Review all reconciliations to ensure that un-reconciled items are properly investigated and corrected on a timely basis
• Review legal documents and advise management on the financial viability or otherwise of such documents as well as the compliance of provisions of such documents to the LFPPM
• Ensure that procurement processes are in line with the LFPPM provisions and that items procured provide value for money for the organisation
• Provide monthly/quarterly organisational performance updates to Senior Management on a timely basis
• Provide customised reports to budget holders in line with their requests and support them to reconcile their budgets with actual expenditure
• Ensure timely acquisition of funds from AAI and other sources as shall be determined by the Head of Finance
• Ensure optimum value for foreign exchange deals and prompt transfer of funds to avoid exposing the AAG to cash crises
• Ensure timely transfer of funds to the regional offices
• Ensure prompt update of banking details and signatories and liaise with regional Accountants to ensure prompt update of signatories to all accounts in line with the LFPPM provisions
• Conduct monthly cash count of all foreign exchange petty cash and reconcile cash at hand with cash book balance
• Follow-up on banking transactions to ensure prompt delivery of services including submission of audit circularisation responses and amendment of
• Support budget holders in the Accra office to prepare their plans and budgets and complete activity templates in line with guidelines submitted by Head of Finance
• Review budgets and activity costings submitted for approval and recommend appropriate action to management
• Consolidate the Affiliate’s Programme budget and reconcile with the income allocation as approved by management
• Load cash flow into SUN after budget has been approved by the AAG and AAI Boards of Trustees
• Review requests for virements and ensure that such requests comply with the LFPPM provisions and recommend appropriate action to management
• Supervise monthly preparation of staff salaries to ensure that staff salaries are paid on time in line with statutory requirements
• Review all payroll documents and recommend appropriate action to management
• Prepare payroll data and compared with previous payroll information on a monthly basis and reconcile any difference thereon
• Conduct a monthly review of all payroll related control accounts and ensure that the accounts have nil balances and investigate any outstanding balances
• Ensure that all statutory deductions and staff benefits are properly computed and paid on a timely basis.
• Support development of codes for project activities to support automation of project reports
• Develop unique codes for all donor projects and donors in SUN
• Support development of automated reports for all donor projects
• Provide appropriate donor reports and analysis on a timely basis for all projects in the GARP and Policy and follow up and answer all queries thereon
• Support Fundraising department to develop proposal and prepare donor report on timely basis.
• Support the preparation of annual accounts for the AP
• Support annual audit processes for the AP
• Perform other functions as may be directed by management
• Work with Head of Finance to regularly revise LFPPM to ensure policies and procedures conform to acceptable standards.
• Build capacity of regional accountants to effectively use SUN software
• Ensure compliance with safeguarding policies as relevant to responsibilities.
• Educate other relevant stakeholders including visitors on AAG safeguarding policies, principles and procedures.
• Bring up to the attention of management, any safeguarding issues that will emerge in course of work.
Qualification Required & Experience
Academic Qualification & Experience:
• 2nd Degree in Accounting and Finance related field + 5 years relevant experience at the management level.
• Completed ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA
TECHNICAL (State core job knowledge/skills required for successful execution of the job)
• Knowledge of HRBA programming
• Knowledge of Financial and management accounting
• Knowledge of budgets and budgetary control
• Knowledge of treasury and cash management
• Knowledge of procurement and stores management
• Knowledge of project and contract management
• Knowledge of advanced spreadsheet, word-processing and presentation
• Advance knowledge of accounting software especially SUN 6.3 and Query and Analysis BI.
• Knowledge of audit and attestation
• Knowledge of internal control and application of accounting standards
• Knowledge of the use of management science tools for both situations of certainty and uncertainty
• Knowledge of payroll preparation and reconciliations
• Knowledge of taxation
• Knowledge of corporate law
• Knowledge of planning control processes
• Effective time management skills
• Conflict management and negotiation skills
• Workflow scheduling skills
• Team management skills
• Performance management skills
• Resource mobilisation and allocation skills
• Effective communication skills
• Capacity building and training skills
• Customer relations skills
• Risk Orientation
• Reaction time
• Openness and candour
• Coping with pressure
• Detail orientation
• This is a three (3) year renewable employment contract on national terms and conditions.
• Salary: This role is on SM4 of ActionAid Ghana’s Salary Structure.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Please note that Curriculum Vitae (CVs) are NOT acceptable.
Click Here To Download Application Forms
Completed Application Forms should be emailed to:
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.