Jobs at:Kumasi Compost and Recycling Plant
Deadline of this Job:
20 August 2021
Date Posted: Monday, August 16, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
ProvideFinancial advice, produce financial reports and develop strategies based on financial research. Guide senior Executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Report To: General Manager
Strategy and Policy Development
• Provide technical expertise in the development and implementation of the company’s Finance strategy as input into the overall Corporate Strategy.
• Provide leadership in the development of accounting/financial policies, standards operating procedures (SOPs) and other support systems including monitoring mechanisms in managing the Financial, Treasury and Management Accounting functions of the company.
• Provide financial management support for the Annual Operating and Financial Strategic Plans of the company.
• Establish short & medium term corporate objectives & work plans, in consultation with the General Manager and other Departments.
• Lead the financial modelling and analysis to support the development of long-term strategic initiatives and business plans.
• Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business while challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business enablers.
• Work with other team leaders to grow the business, formulating strategies and execute plans.
• Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity, disposals and acquisitions, as appropriate.
• Establish a high level of credibility and manage strong working relationships with external parties including customers and financial advisors.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure and stored in compliance with current laws.
• Manage the acquisition of capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate.
• Establish guidelines for budget and forecast preparation, and prepare the annual budget in consultation with the General Manager and Management.
• Assist the Business Development & Communications Manager with all necessary financial conditions pertaining to contract signing, credit evaluation, credit control and Account Receivables.
• Evaluate the need for new technology to meet the organization's financial data processing, control, and reporting requirements
• Ensure that company financial systems are robust, up to date with Groups Requirements and support current activities and future growth.
• Monitor business/ financial risk management policies and procedures to ensure that departmental and organizational risks are minimized
• Advise the company's leadership on appropriate insurance coverage for all processes and agreements
• Maximize income where possible and appropriate
• Negotiate with Bank for lines of credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
Procurement/ Inventory Management
• Oversee and supervise the procurement function of the organization including purchases, suppliers’ agreement, property/facility management, and provision of furnishings and equipment necessary for effective operations
• Oversee the financial aspect of all leases, contracts and other financial commitments
• To provide oversight on controls in relation to inventory, fuel, and sundry.
Stakeholder Relationship Management
• Establish and maintain good working relationship with external auditors, regulatory agencies and other external shareholder in the area of financial and management accounting.
Required Skills or Experience
• Master’s Degree Accounting, Finance or Related Field
• Professional Certification
• Must be a member of a recognised professional accounting body (ICA, ACCA, CIMA, CPA.
• 10- 12 years of progressive financial responsibility
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles/ International Financial Reporting System ( I.F.R.S).
• Must be able to demonstrate ability in financial modelling
• Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities
• Knowledge of provincial legislation on Employment Standards, Occupational Health and Safety,
• Proficiency in Systems:
• Accounting, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
• Ability to use Accounting, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet
• Ability to design and implement control systems and take corrective action to correct deviations.
• Ability to assign duties and monitor activities of immediate team members to ensure achievement of performance targets.
• Ability to identify training needs of immediate team members and recommend appropriate training for them.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all manner of people
• Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
• Goal-oriented, organized team player
• Creative, problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
• Great “people-person” skills and professional attitude
• Ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 120
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.