Finance Assistant (FA)
Jobs at:Qatar Charity
Deadline of this Job:
22 June 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, June 10, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company Qatar Charity
Job Status Fixed term
Education HND/ First Degree
Experience 4 years
Job Expires Jun 22, 2021
Qatar Charity (QC) - a Doha based INGO - is one of the largest charity organizations in the Gulf and is actively working in Ghana to respond to humanitarian and developmental needs in the country. In Ghana, QC is more focused on health projects, social protection, education, water and sanitation.
• Reporting To: Senior Accountant
• Base Location: Accra, Ghana
• Application Deadline: June 22nd, 2021
• Initial Contract Duration: Six (6) Months
• Expected Assignment Duration: 1-year renewable based on Performance
• Vacancy Type: Regular
Qatar Charity is seeking a Finance Assistant based in Accra to perform accounting duties to support financial transactions undertaken by Qatar Charity and its partners in Ghana. The successful candidate will process financial transactions and journal entries. Perform account reconciliations and will assist in preparations of quarterly and annual financial statements and supporting schedules.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under direct supervision of the Senior Accountant, the Financial Assistant will contribute to ensuring full compliance of the Global Fund Project financial processes with Qatar Charity rules, regulations, policies and strategies. In doing so, the Financial Assistance will focus on the following tasks:
1. Ensure efficient and accurate payments and disbursements focusing on the achievement of the following:
o Conduct internal follow up on payment and disbursement processes to ensure timely payments to contractors and suppliers.
o Effect payments using provided software program (Tally), ensuring accuracy of computation and completeness of supporting documentation and preparing for payments (cheques and bank transfers)
o Responsible for both physical and electronic filing of all finance records and documents as per QC financial and accounting rules, regulations and policies, Etc.
2. Help in preparations of Financial Reports on Qatar Charity Implemented Programs in Ghana.
3. Make sure that all financial operations correspond to the historical order.
4. Help review and ensure monthly reconciliation between the assets of the bank and accounts of records with payroll accounts of these banks and make the necessary adjustments and issuing and printing checks.
5. Help prepare monthly salaries after accurate financial scrutiny and precise calculation and ensure that they conform to the policies and procedures adopted and send them to the Head Office in Doha on time for review and certification.
6. Prepare the necessary reconciliation audit of the Field Office with accounts of the External Parties to be dealt with to ensure the health of their balances in the system, and follow-up procedures for the payments of suppliers in timely manner.
7. Help coordinate and facilitate the work of Internal and External procedures and regulations.
8. Other duties as and when required.
• Innovation: Ability to make new and useful ideas work.
• Leadership: Ability to persuade others to follow.
• People Management: Ability to improve performance and satisfaction.
• Communication: Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform.
• Delivery: Ability to get things while exercising good judgement.
• Financial Management: Ability to create a process to achieve financial goals.
• Financial Reporting and Analysis: Ability to evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful manner.
• Risk Management: Ability to identify and prioritize risks, and organize action around mitigating them.
• Knowledge Management: Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge.
Required Skills or Experience
• A Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• HND in Finance or Accounting.
• A minimum of 4 years professional experience in financial management in the public, private or INGO.
• Experience in payment processing and reconciliation.
• Well vest in the use of Office Software packages such as Excel in particular, Etc.
• Good working knowledge of English both oral and written.
• Fair understanding of Arabic will be a plus.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
To apply, please send your CV, salary history, 3 professional references (e-mail address and phone number) and a motivation letter explaining how you fulfil the requirements for this position to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org on or before June 22nd, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Recruitment can be finalized whenever a suitable candidate pops up.
NB. CVs can be submitted either in Arabic or English. Incomplete applications will not be considered including those received after the deadline. The email subject line MUST include the following: Financial Assistant.
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.