Jobs at:Standard Chartered Bank
Deadline of this Job:
02 February 2022
Date Posted: Tuesday, January 25, 2022 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It’s about showing how you embody our valued behaviours – do the right thing, better together and never settle – as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We’re committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture – one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• To ensure accuracy, relevance, integrity and timeliness of financial information for the purpose of regular reporting of financial results to local and group management.
• To provide support to the Manager, Financial Control and Reporting to ensure financial accounting practices are in accordance with prescribed policies in the FCP.
• To ensure financial control policies are in place and being complied with.
• To assist in coordinating, facilitating and promoting understanding of operational risk and in implementation and management of Operational Risk within the Unit.
Account Opening / Closure
• Review business need for new account upon request by business unit.
• Ensure businesses provide details such as person responsible for reconciliation and authorization by business head.
• Inform requesting unit when account has been opened.
• Ensure new accounts have owners and update GL Account ownership list.
Ownership of Suspense/General Ledger Accounts
• Ownership must be confirmed on a semi-annually basis in writing.
• Set up a process to ensure all unused GL accounts / Cost centres are escalated for closure.
• Reconciliation of suspense accounts must be confirmed monthly.
• Identify items outstanding beyond their lifespan on Suspense and Sundry accounts and escalate to
• Manager, FC&R and HFC&R as per the FCP.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of all finance suspense and sundry accounts.
• Ensure the monthly reconciliation of the staff imprest account.
• Ensure monthly reconciliation of the fixed assets register to the GL.
• Ensure the escalation of all items beyond their lifespan to the FORG meetings.
• Review the SUN/BM intersystem and the cheque paid account reconciliations.
• Monitor and obtain document for manual entries into TP and P&L a/c.
M7 (Responsible Person)
• To report Unit’s OR Issues and losses to UORM.
• To assist UORM in developing and updating of procedures, controls and monitoring plans for Operational Risk Management.
• Act as OR Coordinator for the section.
• To adhere to the agreed KCSA plans and approach.
• To identify and report all exceptions on non-compliance with standard controls
• To maintain proper record keeping on all KCSA related activities.
• On a weekly basis review all debits to the income account and ensure they are supported by properly approved vouchers.
• Any other responsibilities that may be assigned by the HFC&R or the CFO.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Business Operational Risk Managers
• Business Heads
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.