Jobs at:Mondelēz International
Deadline of this Job:
13 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, August 31, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
You will classify, examine, and analyze accounting records, prepare financial reports and statements and perform special projects as assigned. You will also support other accounting and external reporting activities.
How You Will Contribute
• Support accounting and external reporting activities including accurate and timely U.S. GAAP reporting and timeliness and integrity of statutory financial reporting, balance sheet reconciliations, KPIs, fixed assets, restructuring, and intercompany charges. As required, you will also support activities performed by Mondelēz International Business Services/third-party service providers during month/quarter/year-end close and statutory audit/reporting.
• Responsible for the Trial Balance and prepare balance sheet reconciliation tasks on monthly basis;
• Prepare payroll related remittance schedule – PAYE, Union Dues, SSNIT, Provident Fund;
• Coordinate all intercompany processes such as billings, payments, resolution of IC related issues, and reconciliation of all intercompany accounts with all trading partners on monthly basis;
• Champion on-site for month-end close activities with stakeholders (e.g. CS&L, Procurement, Commercial, Treasury, etc);
• Ensure accuracy of all data recorded on SAP;
• Business Partnering: People’s Team Finance Business Partner;
• Maintains proper records of all Fixed Assets;
• Acts as Procurement Review Board (PRB) Secretary and Asset Disposal Committee champion in Ghana;
• Collaborate with auditors during audit exercise – External Audit (PwC), GRA Audit;
• Maintain a good working relationship with Mondelez Shared Service Team (Genpact, Accenture, regional and corporate controlling teams);
• Ensure compliance with all Statutory remittances – VAT, PAYE, WHT, Payroll related remittances;
• Preparation of yearly Transfer Pricing Documentation Data.
• Perform special projects and analyses as requested
• Embrace a mindset of continuous improvement. You will also identify opportunities to improve ways of working in your area of responsibility
• Contribute to a high-performing Accounting and External Reporting (AER) team and invest in your personal development
• Contribute to strong controls and compliance environment and comply with Mondelēz International’s AER policies.
What You Will Bring
A desire to drive your future and accelerate your career. You will bring experience and knowledge in:
• TECHNICAL EXPERTISE in accounting and external reporting including understanding U.S. GAAP, IFRS, or local GAAP, close processes, and financial reporting systems (SAP experience preferred). Knowledge in policy, controls, and compliance design including SOX reporting
• BUSINESS ACUMEN and experience working in FMCG/CPG Industry or Big Four accounting preferred
• LEADERSHIP SKILLS including strong communication and presentation skills. Team player with a drive to deliver results
• GROWTH/DIGITAL MINDSET and the ability to leverage technology to improve efficiency and effectiveness. Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools and financial system knowledge (SAP)
• PROACTIVE AND RESOURCEFUL in solving problems, offering innovative and practical solutions in a dynamic environment. Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment
• INTEGRITY and sound judgment in all decisions and interactions aligned with our values, policies, and external regulations
More About This Role
What you need to know about this position:
What extra ingredients you will bring:
Education / Certifications:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
• At least 4 years working experience in an Audit Firm or a Manufacturing/FMCG financial accounting environment in a finance analysis role.
Job specific requirements:
No Relocation support available Business Unit Summary Mondelez International’s Sub Sahara Africa BU is seen as the growth engine for the business. Currently, we operate out of two major hubs – South Africa, servicing south, central and east Africa; and Nigeria, looking after West Africa. Our product offering is as diverse and exciting as our over 2000 passionate people. We are category leaders in South Africa with our Cadbury chocolates; and our Bournvita product is a firm family favourite in Nigeria. We also delight our consumers with our candy offerings of Halls and Tom Toms; our Stimorol and Clorets gum and global favourite Oreo.
In all that we do, we will do business the right way – with our products, the environment and our communities.
Mondelēz International is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation or preference, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 48
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30 Sept. 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.