Field Operations Consultant
Jobs at:Fund for Peace
Deadline of this Job:
16 September 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, September 14, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Field Operations Consultant
The Fund for Peace is seeking a Ghana-based consultant for the role of field operations consultant for a one year contract in support of the United States Department of State Responsive Engagement and Collective Learning Approaches to Inform Mercury Substitution in Artisanal and Small-scale Gold Mining (RECLAIMS ASGM) project. The role will encompass both programmatic and monitoring and evaluation (M&E) responsibilities. On the programmatic side, the role will focus on the design and implementation of innovative strategies aimed at increasing community awareness of the negative impacts of mercury use in ASGM. On M&E, the role will entail the design and implementation of M&E activities and the analysis and reporting of data in relation to project activities.
Scope of Work
• Co-design and implement innovative strategies and activities aimed at increasing community awareness of the negative impacts of mercury use in ASGM;
• Mobilize youths as agents of change in mercury education;
• Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output;
• Provide support on data collection for M&E purposes;
• Provide insights and information for quarterly, annual and other reports to project team; and
• Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Mining Engineering, or a related field.
• At least three years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E in USG projects or projects implemented by international NGOs etc.
• Deep understanding of the Ghanaian ASGM sector, and a minimum of three years of professional experience and progressive responsibility implementing projects focused on ASGM sector issues.
• Proven track record in utilizing the International Labour Organization’s (ILO) Supporting Children’s Rights through Education, the Arts and the Media (SCREAM) methodology in awareness-raising projects.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Excellent representation and communication skills (oral and written), including cross-cultural skills, and the ability to deal with counterparts at all political, social and economic levels.
• Ability to work individually and collaboratively to undertake tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate virtually with team members deployed across multiple locations and time zones.
• Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel program.**
• Proficiency in written and spoken English is required. Proficiency in written and spoken French is strongly preferred.
• This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
• This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with FFP clients.
• This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision-making authority on final work product.
Travel: Domestic travel is anticipated.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 36
Level of Education: Postgraduate Degree
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.