Jobs at:Fairtrade Africa
Deadline of this Job:
10 September 2021
Date Posted: Friday, August 27, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Fairtrade Africa (FTA) is the umbrella network organization representing Fairtrade-certified producers and workers in Africa and the Middle East. It has four (4) regional networks – Eastern & Central Africa; Southern Africa; West Africa; and the Middle East & North Africa. Established in 2005, FTA is a member of Fairtrade International and currently represents over one million farmers and workers in over 500 producer organizations spread across 33 countries in Africa by providing services to them that contribute to the improvement of their livelihoods. Fairtrade Africa’s interventions are guided by the Fairtrade Theory of Change which visually expresses how these ultimately lead to global Fairtrade Goals www.fairtradeafrica.net.
FTA is seeking to recruit a results-driven and highly motivated leader to join this winning team as the Executive Director (ED).
Reporting to the FTA Board, the Executive Director will provide clear leadership to FTA ensuring financial sustainability and strategic growth, develop FTA presence and profile in Africa by increasing membership and enhancing services to members through strategic and operational delivery of the strategic plan, act as an ambas-sador for FTA and champion the commercial needs of members and producers.
• Advise the Board on strategy, formulate a strategic plan and manage its progress;
• Develop an income strategy in conjunction with the Board to secure funding from a variety of sources;
• Lead and develop the fundraising strategy, identifying new income streams and products;
• Maintain a proactive relationship with the Board Chair and Board Subcommittees working with them to fulfil their duties and other responsibilities for the proper governance of FTA;
• Ensure that the organization has the right management systems and structures in place to carry out its work effectively, accountably, and safely, and that professional standards are met;
• Provide leadership, motivation, support, and guidance to the senior team and build a culture of high performance, continual learning and accountability throughout the organisation;
• Ensure the development of and drive the implementation of the overall communications strategy and a range of messaging for key audiences;
• Ensure the needs of members and producers are reflected both internally and externally. Act as a spokesperson for FTA, representing producer’s needs;
• Ensure the monitoring and evaluation of FTA programmes;
• Provide leadership and management oversight of FTA fiscal and programmatic operations;
• Ensure the overall financial health of the organisation in procedures with the Board; and
• Ensure the existence of a comprehensive human resources strategy and effective systems for the recruitment, induction, probation, training, development, and ongoing performance management of FTA staff.
Required Skills or Experience
• Have a Master’s Degree in Agricultural Development/Economics, Rural Development, Development Studies or related field;
• Must have a minimum of 12 years’ senior level management experience in a non-profit international organisation, with Board level interface;
• Have demonstrable experience of fundraising, organisational profile raising, presenting to and engaging with a wide range of stakeholders in a variety of forums , and being the ‘public face’ of an organization;
• Possess extensive experience in building and maintaining positive relationships with staff, funders, statutory agencies, and other key stakeholders; and
• Have demonstrable knowledge of charity budgeting, principles of financial and management accounting, as well as understanding of accounting principles for different funding sources.
If you believe you possess and can clearly demonstrate your ability in the required relevant criteria for the above role, please submit your application, including authentic certified copies of relevant academic and professional certificates and testimonials, your curriculum vitae, details of current position, current remuneration, as well as email and telephone contacts of three (3) referees who can speak of your competence, character and integrity.
Executive Selection Division Deloitte Consulting Limited
Our client is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and committed to diversity and gender equality. Canvasing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 144
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Job application procedure
Apply to this Apply to this Link
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.