Director of Internal Audit
Jobs at:Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
Deadline of this Job:
07 May 2021
Date Posted: Tuesday, April 13, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Company: Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
Category: Accounting / Auditing
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 15 years
Job expires: 07 May-2021
The Ghana Atomic Energy Commission, established by an Act of Parliament, Act 588 of 2000, as the sole Agency in Ghana responsible for all matters relating to peaceful uses of atomic energy, invites applications for the following positions: Director of Internal Audit
• The Director of Internal Audit is responsible for the management of the Commission's auditing functions to ensure effective & efficient internal control systems.
• He is to advise and report on the effectiveness of risk management, internal controls and governance processes in the Commission.
The Director of Internal Audit will report directly to the Director- General. .
Duties / Key Responsibilities
• Prepare internal audit reports for the Commission.
• Undertake audit investigation of the Commission.
• Examine and report on the Commission's fixed assets register from time to time.
• Provide inputs and proposal for the update of standards, procedures and guidelines for internal audit in the Commission.
• Monitor the implementation of recommendations made in internal audit reports of the Commission.
• Assist in the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the Commission.
• Review the design and implementation of appropriate training programmes for staff in the internal audit unit of the commission.
• Review the administration of programmes and operations of the commission and recommend corrective actions
Qualification Required & Experience
Applicant must possess or be:
• A Chartered Accountant and a member of an appropriate professional body.
• Must possess post graduate degree in Auditing, Accounting or Finance.
• Must have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant experience at least ten (10) of which must have been in a very senior position in a reputable organisation.
• Must have knowledge and experience in Public Sector Accounting and Auditing.
• Must demonstrate knowledgeable in computer-based accounting/auditing systems.
• A good team player.
• A good interpersonal and communication skills.
• Not more than fifty-five (55) years.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Education Requirement: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Experience in Months: 180
Job application procedure
Application forms may be obtained at the Commission’s Cash Office at a fee of GH¢500.00 or download the forms below:
Download Application Form
A written application together with a completed application form should be submitted to the Director-General at the address below:
Ghana Atomic Energy Commission
P.O. Box LG 80,
The application should also include:
• Complete CV of the applicant with names and addresses of three referees
• A two (2) page Vision Statement.
Closing Date: 07 May, 2021
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.