Director of Finance and Operations - Proposal
Jobs at:University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Deadline of this Job:
28 May 2021
Date Posted: Thursday, May 06, 2021 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Chief of Party
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Region and Project Overview:
The Global, Latin America and Caribbean, and West Africa Region has projects spanning various health areas, including HIV/AIDS, TB, MNCH, and malaria, and in cross-cutting areas such as health systems strengthening, community mobilization, quality improvement (QI), and social and behavior change communications.
URC is seeking a Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) for a potential USAID-funded quality improvement (QI) health project in Ghana. This position is subject to project award and funding.
Roles and Responsibilities: The DFO is responsible for overall financial management, compliance, grants administration, human resources and operations oversight of the USAID/Ghana – Quality Integrated Health Systems Activity. S/he is responsible for ensuring that USAID requirements for budget planning, monitoring, and reporting are fully met in a timely manner. The DFO is responsible for the establishment and management of financial, operational, and administrative systems that support the project. S/he is also responsible for financial and operational compliance with USAID requirements, and running efficient project operations. S/he reports directly to the Chief of Party and will be a member of the project's Senior Management Team. .
The DFO's roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
• In close collaboration with the COP, provide overall direction for project operations covering financial and administrative issues at all levels of the project.
• Collaborate with USAID to ensure regular communication and timely response to Mission requests, schedules, and reporting requirements. Direct activities of project support staff and ensure sufficient assistance is given to all project staff.
• Oversee project administrative, logistical, and financial management.
• Responsible for overseeing budgeting process, procurement, inventory, and forecasting.
• Supervise administrative staff.
• Ensure compliance with established administrative processes among staff.
• Provide direction to continuous improvement of administrative procedures and internal controls.
• Work with COP to ensure efficient administrative and financial processes.
• Liaise with other key technical personnel and local staff to ensure compliant administrative and financial processes are upheld.
• Master’s degree in Public Administration, Finance, or related field.
• Minimum ten years of experience in program administration with at least five years in a senior management position.
• Prior experience working with USAID and other international donors and knowledge of USAID and US Government policies and procedures is preferred.
• Proven ability to build and effectively supervise a diverse team of employees.
• Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, leadership, creative problem-solving and ethical management.
• Strong written and oral communications skills in English is required.
• Past experience with public health program desirable, but not required.
To Apply: For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers.
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
Job Qualifications : Not Specified
Job Experience: No Requirements
Work Hours: 8
Level of Education: Bachelor Degree
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join. You can view previously sent Email Alerts here incase you missed them and Subscribe so that you never miss out.